New Elektron Box 2016

I want interactive lasers on a foot controller that’s actually a platform that adjusts to one’s weight, then apply pressure, moving hands and voice through laser beams projecting upward, ala D-Beam, but Elektron Style and also serves as a personal scale for personal intake reminders: The Elektron Laser Harp. ‘ELHP’ Yeah, I want lasers.

1 Like

If its going to be a recorder, please include the “whoah! tell me we got that one on tape?” feature - a 20-60 minute automatic recording buffer that records even when it’s not told to record (to RAM only obviously, save can occur if it was a keeper) :sunglasses:

3 Likes

That noise exists with or without a synth. USB audio interfaces cannot really handle high, high amounts of analog I/O. That is why current audio interfaces like RME Babyface PRO are still USB 2.0 - there is no real way (with current designs) to tap into the bandwidth.

They might be able to squeeze a bit more out of the Overbridge, but don’t expect a revolution.

1 Like

Only expecting an increase beyond OB’s current USB 1.1 spec

My Qu-Pac does 32 i/o at 48khz, 24bit over USB 2.0, without a hitch.

Four areas which could improve elektron experience without introducing a new synth:

1. Unique recorder, multitracking style with recording effects such as tape emulation
  2. Fx not available on other boxes, therefore multi audio in options for multiple boxes.
  3. Mixer supporting record and fx capabilities. Again supporting multi audio in, ie 6 stero ins.
  4. Improved sequencing, midi control of existing boxes enhancing older sequencers ie md and mnm, 8 tracks minimum.
    A unit bringing all boxes together to record, sequence and apply fx in a unique way, and providing improved ob connectivity.
1 Like

What video?

https://www.elektronauts.com/uploads/default/original/2X/0/042514d8268840ba3d6c369ceb8e02e58674f7ca.png

which box is on that pic actually?

A coffre machine, most probably.

3 Likes

source ?

its the RYTM

I’ll get my guess in before the reveal. I think it’s going to be a single voice from the A4. Midi in/out, CV in/out, Stereo out via TRS, one input just like the one from the A4.

A small device that will plop an analog monosynth/filter/overdrive in your DAW. You can record sequences into it via the DAW, bring it on stage, trigger them and have them sync via midi. Maybe a small little sequencer, small buttons.

It will be the shape of a pedal sorta. It will have a feature which converts input into pitch data that will drive the voice.

1 Like

They said it wouldn’t overlap with their current products. Also, it doesn’t sync up with the teaser in any way.

1 Like

oh yeh - that makes sense… a guitar pedal with an Overbridge type USB output would definitely count in the “studio”

1 Like

I hope it’s a production unit. I’d love an Elektron approach to making my tracks better

1 Like

Having had a few days to stew on it, as much as I want a mixer etc I think it will be a range of guitar pedal type stomp boxes with different effects - possibly one physical unit like the H9 with ability to replace the ‘model’ via USB - but certainly heavy emphasis on Overbridge and live audio manipulation. I think…

It’s from that long video presentation kicking about

5 Likes

imagine if it was called Elektron Box 2016

:smiley:

1 Like

Mono and Drum Machine are no more current products so they could be easy overlapped.

:3lektron:Elektron Overlap with Overbridge.

What’s in the Box ? Come On Kids!!

2 Likes