New Elektron Box 2016

The logical thing to do (I think) is to tell us exactly what they are planning on creating, and keeping us involved during the creation process. The more I know, the more likely I might be to actually set aside (or save up) $ to make sure I can purchase one.

1 Like

Notes.

See: all of Paul Birkenā€™s gear.

Elektron BrainInterface mk1

or better: Elektron HjƤrna mk.1

:3lektron: Bandspelare
or
:3lektron: Effekt

1 Like

Or only:

:3lektron: Vulkan

:3lektron:Analog Tape.

3 Likes

In performance mode maybe you want to label what each macro does. As someone mentioned, its like putting tape on a mixing board to label what instrument is on each channel.

1 Like

What if its new firmware that turns the A4 into something else, like what OTO did with the Biscuit.

1 Like

In other words: there is a direct access on the OT-card

You mean like a skin?

Nahā€¦Elektron is waiting for this thread to reach the magic count # then SKYNET is activated, all machines now in control. Uplink pendingā€¦

3 Likes

Tape, its a performance Mellotron!

Seriously starting to think it is a performance mixer done right, maybe with FX. It is a missing link after all.

:3lektron: DUCT TAPE

or

:3lektron: ANALOG GUITAR with OB

1 Like

Not getting my hopes for a mixer (which is what I really want). Ya gotta consider that the guys have been working overtime on overbridge for the past couple years. Thatā€™s the biggest factor in my prediction that itā€™s a relatively simple bit of kit that focuses on seamless analog integration: a simple overdrive / filter box.

Thatā€™d be the bees knees for you, Golden God.

wow, Sweetwater already has it in stock http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BoardTape

6 Likes

AJ, thatā€™s pretty damn cruel & clever!

But is it genuinely made in Canada or Sweden?

This makes a lot of sense, as I am (probably more than most on this forum) a ā€œ(non)traditionalistā€ as my main instrument is Turkish bowed tanbur. I JUST repurchased the OT so, this new box (if itā€™s only one) Iā€™m actually interested in! I was strongly contemplating the AR + advanced guitar pedal style looper, but went with the OT again as I knew what I was in store for. I hope it could complement the acoustic instrument + OT combo in the studio or live, something with mic and (switchable impedance) instrument pres would be incredible.

1 Like

Is it tape ā€¦ or tape simulation?

(I agree with @AdamJay that itā€™s actually probably not connected to the new product.)