New Elektron Box 2016

:clap: Amen to that

:smile_cat:

1 Like

Iā€™m honestly so content with my gear that I cannot honestly expect the new item Elektrons working on to impress me much. Anything I really ā€œneedā€ could surely be done with cheaper alternative. Granted, I want to be sold on the new item, but I canā€™t fathom anything that will top what theyā€™ve already done

The suggestion to move on with your lives has been made many times already in many different forms from many different people, but nobody wanted to hear it because ā€œshiny! shiny!ā€ By now its so tired and worn out that people are finally actually starting to feel the exhaustion of it all, and thats when moving on suddenly becomes appealing and ā€œthe right thing to doā€. Theres no need for crystal balls when it comes to dealing with people.

Also Id have to agree as a marketing stunt its not exactly turning out wellā€¦ but its a bit like telling your parents they cant dance and they look silly doing itā€¦ they dont really care, they will keep on being silly and frankly its all quite expected behavior - again, its predictable as long as you are paying enough attention. And yetā€¦ so rare.

Thats why I nominate ā€œAsteroid impact for president, 2017!! Dont bother voting, its pointless!ā€ Now go out there and have fun with the rest of your life, while you can.

Lol thatā€™s fair, although I usually check this thread when Iā€™m having a shit, so Iā€™m not missing too much of my life. Itā€™s a great read too!

2 Likes

Iā€™m new to making music, so I donā€™t have enough experience with my equipment to be unhappy. I just got caught up in the GAS. But that too is passing. I have enough of what I need to make music.

I suspect elektron are waiting for the GAS to wear off in this forum as the item they are going to reveal is a useful high quality gadget/accessory/studio tool with a bit of overbridge sprinkled on it ā€¦ rather than a fully blown elektron box like an A4/MNM/RYTM etc.

1 Like

I want no new instruments. I just want a proper recording environment where I donā€™t need a computer. Like back in the porta days. Itā€™s worth waiting for. Do with recording, what they did with sampling.

But if thatā€™s not what this is, Iā€™ll go for the Octatrack and be quite happy with that too.

4 Likes

Iā€™m in a similar boat, I want for nothing really.
Dark Trinity, Strymon Deco.
Eventually Iā€™ll incorporate a couple more fx, like reverb and delays on the master outs of the RYTM & A4.
I keep for a magic mono synth to replace the SlimPhatty I got rid of, but itā€™s not holding me up.
However, I am always contemplating adding a mixer.
At this point I dont want just any old mixer, so the new Elektron box is definitely on my radar.

Still though, my gear lust has subsided dramatically, and Iā€™m definitely able to control my emotions regarding the teaser video.:cheeky:

Orā€¦ Analog ISIS

Explodes upon booting it.

Youā€™re being watched for sure now!

This is exactly what I have in the Qu-Pac.
And it has been so liberating to just push 2 buttons (record arm/play) when I am ready to record.
Iā€™ve never been so productive with hardware as I have been when itā€™s all hooked up to the Qu-Pac.

Itā€™s exactly what I wanted in my Metric Halo setup (2x 2882s, 1x ULN-2) 10 years ago. A bunch of DSP power, and no need for a computer.

3 Likes

I bet the elektron boxes are out of stock because their assembly line is busy building the new gizmos instead of feeding the current lineup

Canā€™t be long now, 909 is less than a day away

2 Likes

Iā€™m kind of in the market for a mixer. If Elektron has some kind of performance mixers on the horizon then Iā€™ll snatched it up, if not then Iā€™ll go for a Allen and Heath Qupac. My dream mixer would be something with 16 analog inputs plus 2 USB inputs to accommodate all my Elektrons. :content:

1 Like

I should check this out. I know youā€™ve mentioned it before. Perhaps what Iā€™m looking for, has been right there all the time.

I had a Yamaha MT8X back in the days. Loved it. Would like to love the recording process again. Now, I just think itā€™s a chore, since in comparison to how other aspects of electronic music has evolved, itā€™s just a version of what engineers came up with 15-20 years ago, in a haunted PC somewhere.

Volca Recorder, Boutique Mastering, Elektron Tape - Iā€™ll pay. I promise, Iā€™ll pay.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Finally, the perfect mixer? [Allen & Heath QuPac]

Truth is Elektron is waiting for a bunch of modern dancers from Berlin to arrive at the same time as a new smoke and light machine. All of which need an abandoned hydro electric warehouse and two day production crew.

Not to mention they just added an Edward Snowden inspired subplot with a Seal Team 6 helicopter scene. Iā€™m pretty sure they are actually going to drop the dancers through the smashed glass ceiling from the chopper, doing that rope acrobat thing as a flashbang lights the dust they stir up on the cement floors.

I might do that as well.

Tomorrow is the big day you read it here first folks.

2 Likes

Insanity is to do the same thing and expect different results. It will NOT be revealed tomorrow

1 Like

Welp NI has shown their hand. Weā€™ll see what Roland has tomorrow. Hope weā€™ll see what Elektron has in the next couple weeks!