New Elektron announcement at Musikmesse (2014, Overbridge announcement)

Technically a standalone USB-host sidekick mini mixer box should now be possible with 4 mono outs on it, fx send loops, and extra controller knobs & buttons … if elektron made the drivers available!

Me too!
I guess the good thing is you can throw all of your hard analog work into the OT and not have to carry all of your machines to gigs…nice! Win-Win but let’s fix that OS.

^
cheers for the clear response DiGi-TaL :+1:

that notwithstanding, I’ll still be boshing my stuff down to my handheld recorder at 24/96, straight to stereo from my analogue mixer, olde worlde style.
Live jams FTW :wink:

Congratulations Elektron. You are the true Winners imo.

^^ this

1. Unfortunately the Octatrack hardware don’t support Overbridge. But don’t worry - it is definitely not on its way out.

2. It takes a lot of time and effort and is a rather complicated thing to achieve. It is not possible to simply tack on such technology to an analog synthesizer. The hardware and the internal digital control system must be powerful and advanced enough to make it work.

3. We will not stop making stand alone hardware. Proper hardware machines are where it’s at. But that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be able to speak more fluently with computers. That is the best of both worlds, really.

1 Like

Strange move, I always read how everyone is happy that the Elektron boxes got them away from the computer, Get ready to plug back in.

Wow…
This is amazingly awesome

I understand that some of you don’t use a computer and weren’t into it at first

But USB audio recording to daw = Pure Brilliance

Now we wait to see and hear how the quality measures up to say an apogee duet etc.

For those of you who were like me and didn’t understand if this was speculation or posted somewhere

it’s on the main news page

http://www.elektronauts.com/home/news

Since this is now possible, please make a tiny box that plugs in the USB and gives the 4 mono outputs (or release the specs so someone else can do it). Please! :disappointed:

Ring mod kick? Never heard of that… Mega.

1. Unfortunately the Octatrack hardware don’t support Overbridge. But don’t worry - it is definitely not on its way out.

2. It takes a lot of time and effort and is a rather complicated thing to achieve. It is not possible to simply tack on such technology to an analog synthesizer. The hardware and the internal digital control system must be powerful and advanced enough to make it work.

3. We will not stop making stand alone hardware. Proper hardware machines are where it’s at. But that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be able to speak more fluently with computers. That is the best of both worlds, really.[/quote]
    So that’s a definite “no” to the Octa getting this?
    For me the A4 is easy to use, the Octa not so, the Overbridge is interesting but not a “wow must use” thing
    Does seem like its the neglected middle child.!

Very nice and looking forward for the OverBridge!

It’s not something really new! Waldorf already did that in 1999 with the Waldorf AFB16 analog filter bank.

@ tonight ^^ Cenk said the A4 already had the tech inside and was kept a secret… I’m guessing OT was made well before this idea.

great work, looking forward to this. Obviously would have been nice on the OT especially with its multiple inputs to use it like a sound card but either way there’s easy ways to work around this.

This also means that syncing will not require midi or an expensive external clock to make sure your boxes are in time with your DAW.

I would build more complex loops with the computer/AR/A4/AK and then route that audio back into my octatrack for sampling, or I will save the wav file and upload it to OT’s CF.

options are a beautiful thing :slight_smile:

yeah your probably right
just an editor would be a huge leap for me as I’m just not using it as much as I know I should be,
in part due to some of the convoluted structure.

The Elektron’s announcement

Video

This means I’m an a#%hole because the only matter for I just bought AK instead of A4 was the separate outs thing :angry: :sob::zonked:

(PSNot to be the usual hating troll: elektron shit is insane and I f£$%&ing love it)

(PPS and the uberbridgething is brilliant)

Great!
Fed the wolf and the sheep save ! :joy:

Even if it’s not something i feel i’m in need of right now, it’s a pretty awesome thing to get in a OS update and i can see how useful this will be to loads of people… Just shows how brilliant you bastards are! I mean… it’s just adding to perfection.

Mind blown.