New Elektron announcement at Musikmesse (2014, Overbridge announcement)

Yes, this is awesome! This will free up 2 inputs on my audio interface as well :+1:

[/quote]
Yeah, which for me means I have room to add some other new hardware. :slight_smile:

Delighted with this update as DAW integration is a must for me.

Confirmed! :slight_smile:

yeah your probably right
just an editor would be a huge leap for me as Iā€™m just not using it as much as I know I should be,
in part due to some of the convoluted structure.[/quote]
For what would you want an editor ? Edit the samples ?
If so, why not using any existing sound software to work with your samples. Thatā€™s the way i do. I make my sample using Ableton live or Soundforge, and i upload them into my octatrack.

1. Unfortunately the Octatrack hardware donā€™t support Overbridge. But donā€™t worry - it is definitely not on its way out.

2. It takes a lot of time and effort and is a rather complicated thing to achieve. It is not possible to simply tack on such technology to an analog synthesizer. The hardware and the internal digital control system must be powerful and advanced enough to make it work.

3. We will not stop making stand alone hardware. Proper hardware machines are where itā€™s at. But that doesnā€™t mean they shouldnā€™t be able to speak more fluently with computers. That is the best of both worlds, really.[/quote]
    Thanks Jon. Itā€™s really a good thing for A+ users.
    Iā€™m glad to hear the OT is going strong.

A little cynical non?
I agree that clearly this was the plan from the outset, but what have the early adopters/ā€œbeta-testersā€ actually lost?
I bought one of the first run of A4s. It cost less then than it does now.
Iā€™ve had >1 year of a four voice synth.
Now I have polyphony and a + drive. Later Iā€™ll get the USB audio.
If they had held off until all these features were ready (ie. Q4 2014), I think all that would have happened is Iā€™d have lost out on the time I have had with the A4, rather than gained anything.

And so what if some of it is marketing. They are a company after all.

They arenā€™t forcing anyone back to their computers, but they are offering the best of both words if you want it.
This further opens the door to those who like to use both as smoothly as possible, and makes their products more attractive to more people.
Itā€™s not strange, itā€™s genius. :slight_smile:

Individual ouputs will be available only if you are connected to a computer. If you want to plug them into a mixer, you cannot. So the AKā€™s individual ouputs keep being useful.

That could be cool if Elektron make a small external USB/Audio interface :slight_smile:

So they filled an already awesome machine, that was worth itā€™s cost at release, with extra goodies hoping to make it even more awesome with FREE UPDATES over timeā€¦ and youā€¦ i donā€™tā€¦ nah youā€™re trolling. Almost fell for it!

I would much rather pay a little bit more, have my item in hand and be able to use the bulk of itā€™s functionality and have my funds support future development that is based on real user feedback.

Itā€™s nice to upgrade your instrument with a click of the mouse instead of boxing it up and shipping it to Elektron for physical upgrades or to have to resell my old unit for a MK II or w/e the case may be to save a couple hundred bucks.

[quote="ā€œPalandā€"]

So they filled an already awesome machine, that was worth itā€™s cost at release, with extra goodies hoping to make it even more awesome with FREE UPDATES over timeā€¦ and youā€¦ i donā€™tā€¦ nah youā€™re trolling. Almost fell for it![/quote]
No kidding! I canā€™t imagine how happy everyone would have been if Elektron had delayed the release of the A4 until Q4 2014ā€¦ :confused:
This is great for those of us who do use a computer/DAW (for at least recording, like I do). This now means I can do more complex arrangements, have settings saved, etc, and also throw some effects like Valhalla and Cytomic on the A4 audio, in real-time. Whatā€™s there not to like about this???
This could also help pull in a few more sales of the AR, so smart move Elektron!

Good move Elektron.

Also for anyone who has more knowledge on this topic, will this mean that through USB it will be possible to have finer control over CV sequencing like the VSTs that interface with expert sleepers modules?

To jon - please donā€™t forget OT development. Itā€™s the instrument of out generation - strong words but I believe it to be true.
I have been thinking about Expert sleepers since reading about this. I have no idea the outcomes for either,

Donā€™t be sad if there is no more evolutions of the machineā€™s softwares in the future. I own a Roland SH101 an still having fun with, if you see what i mean.
Also, i think the limitations of a machine force you to be creative.
So be creative :slight_smile: !

Under promise, over deliverā€¦ You hear that DSI? Thatā€™s how you get happy customers (except 1 apparently :))

This is great as Iā€™ve never been happy with the stereo recording of the A4 while jamming. Whereā€™s the road case, though? :wink:

This is honestly an amazing addition to these machines, the only sad part is HOW FAR AWAY IT IS AHHHHHH.

Q4? Should have waited a bit longer to announce, knowing that this is going to be possible is going to KILL ME during my workflow. Itā€™s like Iā€™m going to be recording stereo and such and just be thinking ā€œWow, I could be multitrackingā€¦ā€

Wow ! THAT is the question to me. It would be so awesome.

1. Unfortunately the Octatrack hardware donā€™t support Overbridge. But donā€™t worry - it is definitely not on its way out

I would pay for an hardware update to my OT to have it support such feature, and a Windows 7 based sample manager (at least something that lets me drag/drop samples in the audio pool, consolidate duplicates in the pool, preserve links if I move samples in other directories on the CF card, you get the idea.)