New Digitakt machine predictions

Given that there’s a thread about Syntakt machine predictions, I thought it would be fun to speculate/dream about possible Digitakt machines too, now that 1.50 has shown that this is the direction Elektron is taking with it.

Here are a couple of ideas:

1. Granular machine - A simple graintable synth mode with parameters like stereo width (spreading the grains across the stereo spectrum), grain size, grain shape, density, etc. Would free up the LFOs for other stuff. Could also have a sub/sparkle knob that controls the amount of up/down-pitched grains - I’m envisioning a fun animation showing a submarine morphing into a rocket ship (sizzle) for the pitched grains. :blush:

2. Stereo machine - Perfect for resampled musical loops, pad chords with chorus and other effects, etc. If 8 voices is a true hardware limitation, this machine could just take the neighbor track. Technically this works a bit like the two tracks being connected, sharing the same envelopes and LFOs. If there’s a way to push beyond 8 voices, this stereo machine wouldn’t need to steal 2 tracks - which could open the door for some paraphony too if one is allowed to dream even more. :blush:

20 Likes

Let’s just keep stealing from the OT.

Comb Filter machine

11 Likes

click bait machine.

43 Likes

Good idea! I’ve updated the title of the other thread to help differentiate between the two :slight_smile:

1 Like

Skip to the end…
A smaller octatrack with no cross fader.

Who wants one of those?

6 Likes

The OT is complicated enough as it is, and you want to make it smaller?! :no_mouth:

5 Likes

Granular would be a game changer. On both Digitakt and OT.

5 Likes

Motivation machine- it’s a recording of your Dad telling you to stop piddling in your little studio and work on getting a better job

14 Likes

Oscillator machine for single cycle waveforms!

8 Likes

Granular would be cool. But I would really like the Octatrack’s slice mode. This mode is cool for loops and sample chains, but not as much for flipping samples from records that aren’t necessarily going to be on a grid.

6 Likes

I was feeling this too until I realized that the quantized loop recording puts any sample flip one resample away—chops in one shot mode can go on the sequencer as desired, then resample into a chain that works perfectly in slice mode… just a thought…

3 Likes

Yeah. I usually pull little chunks from samples rather than one long bit. So I was experimenting with just parameter locking the parts that I want, putting them on one sample and then resampling. That or just chopping stuff on my Sampletrak and then sampling the loop.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d rather have it than not. And it’s also really great for things like sample chains and making little multisampled instruments. But I really wish that I could just edit the start points or at least choose an odd number of slices.

5 Likes

9 Likes

coffee machine! :yum:

9 Likes

I’d really like an “oscillator” machine for single cycle waveforms that had portamento, filter tracking, etc

10 Likes

I think the Digitakt has a bright future.

4 Likes

I had one of these as a kid it was the shit.

5 Likes

Wavetable machine would not cost a lot in cpu. I mean today the DT is not able to it quite properly without clicking, and surprisingly the Model Sample is able to made it quite well.
So with minor tweak, it’s doable, and that would allow tons of sample packs.

5 Likes

They should hire Wim Hof to be the voice of that and also add a Bored Machine so whatever I’m working on sounds even more boring so to reenforce the message from the Motivation Machine.

2 Likes

A chord machine would be nice !

4 Likes