New Boss 200 series

These look interesting… much of what the 500 series has in a smaller and desktop-friendly format:

6 Likes

Yeah, wow. I heard a lot of good things about the 500 series stuff, and almost picked up an RV-500 at one point. These could be the next sleeper in terms of FX boxes. Bummer that the OD-200 looks to be only mono. Then again, even grabbing two for stereo wouldn’t be too costly…

2 Likes

I’ve got the DD and RV’s and I’m very happy with them. They are a fair old chunk of steel tho and these 200 look a little more board friendly. Also having some of the dedicated controls on the front panel is handy. The 500 menu’s aren’t particularly hard to navigate but button beat menu’s in my world!

1 Like

I’ve always loved Boss. These seem super cool to me.

1 Like

These look great - I love the RV-500. I kind of wish I hadn’t bought a TC Flashback - I might have gone for the DD-200 instead.

1 Like

Really like the utilitarian aesthetics of these things, hopefully they’ll do a reverb!

3 Likes

Nice. I’d want the modulation myself…It’s got a rotary and a classic vibe and I’ve been listening to a bit too much Pink Floyd lately…

2 Likes

Hey but really when can we expect the Behringer clones of these? I’ll probably just save my money and buy those instead :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I was really excited about the overdrive until I realised its the only one that is not stereo.
Hugely missed opportunity for synth/keys player.
Someday someone will make an affordable stereo distortion pedal with MIDI that isn’t the size of a Digitone…someday

1 Like

Damn! I was finally happy cause I bought the MD-500 a few weeks back and I basically had the whole 500-series collected. Now I have to start collecting a new series. Especially interested in the OD-version as 500-series doesn’t have one.

Edit: the od is mono. I already have an analog drive, but then again it’s yellow and pretty. I’ll probably need to get it anyway.

Is there any info on the price range of these?

1 Like

I saw $250 USD. The numbers for Euro and GBP were similar. Not sure if that’s MSRP or street price.

2 Likes

Some how these slipped by me when they came out… has anyone tried the DD-200 as a master send delay for some dub techno type stuff yet? Seems its input DB and output DB range of -10 to +7 should be able to handle being on a master send/return.

1 Like

I have the DD500/RV500/MD500… I’m sure the 200 series are just a smaller version with mini midi connectors and less presets but probably have the same midi capability as the 500 series… I use mine on the outputs for my Digitone Keys, my fav is “Tera Echo” it sounds absolutely fabulous I’m sure that delay may be on the 200 series DD200 too, maybe check out the online pdf manuals… I love Boss pedals, might grab a few of the 200 series myself yet… I noticed there’s no RV200 but the DD200 and MD200 are there, quite like the Distortion 200 TBH.

1 Like

Yeah I was poking around the manual the only thing I really couldn’t find was any mention of wet/dry control in the DD200 which preferably It would go fully wet if I were to use it on a master send. I’m pretty sure the 500 series can but I’m unsure on the DD-200.

Has anyone compared the MD-200 against something like the Mod Factor or Strymon Mobius?

Edit: nvm. Found a demo on YouTube, it’s not for me.

RV-200 is here :+1:

7 Likes

Been waiting for this pedal for years, may get this one next or wait a while and gran a Line 6 HX one instead…

1 Like