New Behringer Clone .. = Crave

Try a similar count on the Mother 32…

You maybe onto something - pity I don’t do Moog

That was very likely.
That would be really brazen by Behringer and would damage the reputation of the company. But on the other hand, so far it has always worked. The Behringer Model D is sold out almost everywhere!

I’m not suggesting they’re going to clone the Mother32, just that I think they’re probably doing something similar in terms of a semi-modular monosynth with a sequencer built in.

If it’s even half as good as my Boog and the Neutron i’ll be all over it…

I could even imagine Behringer creating a synthesizer inspired by the 303, as de title suggests. Of course it can be a new semimodular synthesizer, but I’m sure it will not be a 1: 1 copy, otherwise the synth nerds would have figured out what it is. The photo has been on the net for several weeks already.

an sem model ? hope so , love their filters!

1 Like

It may be an optical illusion but I think I spot a 4-pole ladder filter.

Is this really new or could this be this under the hood of the me101? I don’t get the Jack’s across the top. I’m still on the fence about buying things from behringer again but I am really looking hard at the neutron and hoping this is something new based on a 303 or avalon type of semi modular piece.

Is the neutron and the boog really worth I? Bc I’m dancing with getting the neutron or going with a dfam. Mind you should know I do have a Manther on the way. Opinions pleas!

Step mother 32 ?

1 Like

I think in terms of value for money you wont do any better, especially right now while Behringer are trying to improve their reputation. I doubt things will stay quite as cheap once more people realise that quality is not the reason why their £300 purchase is considerably cheaper than the competition. I know my BMD is of far better construction than the offerings I have had from Roland in recent years, they have seriously lost my business due to quality.

1 Like

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Roland JD-Xi

The 303 sounds are still very popular in the goa/psy-trance scene. Of course there are countless alternatives. But it’s the same like with any other synth, every one i slightly different in sound and functions.
Do I need another 303? No, probably not. Do I want another 303? Of course!

If the Roland boutiques wouldn’t be so small, i would buy one of these, the ACB technology comes pretty close to the original analog sound of the 303. But i already got a Sh01a and the short faders, wobbly knobs and small size is just not worth the price.

1 Like

I had RE303 and it is awesome. Also, about, “why they still looking for clones” because it has very unique sound, especially with distortion pedals. Sound source is very particular thing for distortion and Im not sure if you can get this kind of acid from another devices.

I got a RE 303 and the TB03 I still want more.

I was wondering when they would make that.

The pcb above is from the crave.
Your video is discussed here: 3+3+2 . 3×3+2

Title says new behringer clone, is crave a clone? I thought it was original from behringer, at least marketed as such.

It’s more or less a copy of a mother 32 for the most part.

Everything Crave-related can be discussed here:

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/behringer-crave/

Crave can be inspired by other synths, but is not a clone per se: that would suppose they have the possibility to reproduce the pcb. Mother 32 is not public domain.