New Behringer Clone .. = Crave

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Roland JD-Xi

The 303 sounds are still very popular in the goa/psy-trance scene. Of course there are countless alternatives. But it’s the same like with any other synth, every one i slightly different in sound and functions.
Do I need another 303? No, probably not. Do I want another 303? Of course!

If the Roland boutiques wouldn’t be so small, i would buy one of these, the ACB technology comes pretty close to the original analog sound of the 303. But i already got a Sh01a and the short faders, wobbly knobs and small size is just not worth the price.

1 Like

I had RE303 and it is awesome. Also, about, “why they still looking for clones” because it has very unique sound, especially with distortion pedals. Sound source is very particular thing for distortion and Im not sure if you can get this kind of acid from another devices.

I got a RE 303 and the TB03 I still want more.

I was wondering when they would make that.

The pcb above is from the crave.
Your video is discussed here: 3+3+2 . 3×3+2

Title says new behringer clone, is crave a clone? I thought it was original from behringer, at least marketed as such.

It’s more or less a copy of a mother 32 for the most part.

Everything Crave-related can be discussed here:

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/behringer-crave/

Crave can be inspired by other synths, but is not a clone per se: that would suppose they have the possibility to reproduce the pcb. Mother 32 is not public domain.