New Aphex Twin tracks using Rytm

Have a listen. Some speculation elsewhere online that these are basically Rytm jams. Hard not to concur.

2 Likes

Those cymbals at 2:47 and 6:42 sound identical to the AR’s. I wouldn’t be surprised. Great track.

Long ago when the AR was introduced, I remember a member posting links to multiple tracks on a soundcloud account. And they slayed and a lot of other members thought so, too. The soundcloud account was non-descript, except for a couple weird little self congratulatory comments the user made on their own tracks (it was kind of funny). Never heard from the member again.

Tracks all hit hard like this; at roughly the same BPM as this.

I didn’t think anything of it (except it was unfortunate we didn’t hear anything further from the member)…that was until he touted the AR all along Syro’s press push…and then the Soundcloud dump.

I’m going to find that post someday.

1 Like

Oh my God. You have to now. :slight_smile:

no stillson 6 cirk

Found it:

The person has been active. Some tracks don’t seem like him…but some other ones…

And look at those comments? Quirky.

Well anyway this person’s tracks are fuckin gold and I’m glad I found them again.

5 Likes

To be fair “he” could probably do it with a few cheap pocket operators… :blush: the user not the instrument etc :blush:

nice tracks !! Cheers for sharing.

2 Likes

Definitely sounds like CH and CY Metallic. There are percussive sounds coming from somewhere else not just RYTM - sounds maybe modular. I’ve read in a bunch of places speculation that Richard D uses RYTM. I would actually be surprised if he didn’t. He’s a huge synth/sampler/drum machine/instrument collector and RYTM certainly stands out as one of the most unique and awesome sounding drum machines on the market.

Aphex Twin was one of the reasons I started writing electronic music (even though I don’t write in his style) so I love any juice or info I can get on how he produces music. I found some youtube videos back when I first got my rytm by a very strangely named anonymous user - they sounded exactly his style. I even asked how he got the glitchy beat-repeat style effects with RYTM only and his response was that he added them after in Ableton. I’ll see if I can dig out the videos for you all to judge… if they guy wasn’t Aphex Twin … then he should be famous either way because his tunes were SICK.

BRB Diggin…

1 Like

Not only does he use it, he said on Soundcloud that it’s his favorite right now.

I’m going to show my age here and ask why does it matter if RDJ did this track or if he uses the Rytm or AR? This is coming from someone that bought his 1st RDJ release in the mid 90s, btw. I suppose this track is arranged similarly to Digeridoo, Phloam, etc.

1 Like

this one is more than just good!
really inspiring

It may be Rytm as the sound source but it’s evident from the title that is a Cirklon doing the sequencing.

A no stillson 6 cirk
B no stillson 6 cirk mix2

The “cirk” in the song titles gives that away. AFC has been using the Cirklon extensively for a few years now.

1 Like

Whenever I listen to the Cheetah album, I keep thinking it’s a RYTM I hear for all the drum parts.

2 Likes

Did you find the videos?

Any idea how he gets those long basses out of the AR

a sample I think

2 Likes