New Album - The Twilight of the Soviet Space Programme

Bandcamp has re-entered the chatroom.

Captivating from the 1st second. Good Job.

1 Like

Cheers.

Good stuff, Fin.

1 Like

Thanks for listening.

You released it on my birthday and I missed it!
Listening now.

Edit.
Yep, I’ll be purchasing this one. Lush dense sounds that convey a sense of loneliness and awe, joy, and endless space at the same time.

Using Russian technology to make music about Russian technology. Top class.

2 Likes

Happy birthday, glad you like it.

1 Like

I think you’ve definitely found your medium with these last couple of releases.
Compositionally strong, sound design is tasteful and inviting, emotional content is sublime.

2 Likes

Cheers.

I really fucking hate to admit it, but it’s the modular. I just switch it on, piss about with a couple of knobs and this shit just falls out of it.

I do have to admit though, your fucking album last week has me gassing for a TR8S now.

2 Likes

Haha classic, so all you have to do is find the right ambient theme, write some inspiring personal sentiment and bang, job done?

TR8-S. You cant deny it’s sound huh?

To be fair, you’ve made it sound more complicated than it is.

Sounds fucking mint.

Well I’m claiming that. Ive had mine a few years and I have spent alot of time tweaking it, and digging around in the settings, playing with different recording methods, processing etc.

Anyway, back on topic, your new album is good man. I like it a lot.

1 Like

Sounds amazing!

Any correlation with October 4th, 64 years ago?

2 Likes

Something my lady always reminds me and its true:

Its not the equipment. Its the artist. Sure you can have a good camera that takes technically better photos than a shit one, but you still need a person to compose the shot put the thought and the time in, make the effort to produce the end photo.

Same goes for music. Sure, youve found some gear that makes music easy for you, but that just means you’re good with those tools. You are still the one making the music, machines wont do it for you. The gear you have just suits the way you work, and the sounds you like to make. I would struggle hard to make my stuff on your set up for example.

So take the credit man, its due. Youve used certain tools to make art. And that art is worth something. (I think Ive told you that before)

3 Likes

You have, and I continue to not take compliments well.

Your compliments are very much appreciated though, as is your wisdom.

1 Like

When was that, 1957?

So Sputnik?

No, total accident, thought sputnik was September.

That’s wild, I only know about Sputnik and today because my daily sports talk radio spot, “Today in history”. Immediately thought of you.

Congrats on the release!!

2 Likes
1 Like

Wow @Fin25 it’s impressive how you’re pushing yourself further, I totally love what I’m hearing!
It’s beautiful, both intense and emotional, very well balanced.

In your pockets gladly goes my money!! :beer::beers:

If I may, you should find yourself a nice label for this album, either Room40 or Seil records, or any label you see fits. Anyone would have some suggestion for a Cortini-like sound?
This album needs way more exposure than Elektronauts! And be pressed on a vinyl, most definitely.

3 Likes

I finally had time to listen to your Album. I wanted to hear it from first noise to last note.

It’s dirty beautiful. Just like your Album, I’m without words. I can hear your Passion for the subject. Great Album!

What portion of the Lyra has been used in this Project?

1 Like