New Album - The Twilight of the Soviet Space Programme

Made an album about the later years of the Soviet Space Programme, something I’m deeply fascinated by and feel that history has largely overlooked.

Mostly ambient shit.

All recorded live with Modular, Lyra 8, Model:Cycles, Erica Synths Acidbox 3 and Quadraverb.

35 Likes

Great title and cover, will check it out later today.

2 Likes

Cheers, I’m pretty happy with it.

Nice! Sorry to point out a typo, but isn’t it spelled “twilight”?

1 Like

Thanks for pointing it out, fixed now.

2 Likes

Great work. A few tracks in and like this a lot so far.

Been looking at a Model Cycles too so that caught my eye as well.

G

1 Like

Thanks for listening.

Model:Cycles is only used on the two tracks with percussion, and even then it’s being very heavily processed through my modular with a lot of distortion and eq going on. It’s a very nice little bit of kit though, especially for the price.

1 Like

Purchased on the strength of the first tune alone. I’m looking forward to hearing the rest. :black_heart:

1 Like

Beautiful! Reminds me the music of Celer.

2 Likes

Intercosmos !

int-ikosm

Will listen asap

2 Likes

Fantastic. Something about the way that things are distorted makes the tracks seem close and far away at the same time… like things are buzzing and rumbling outside and INSIDE your space helmet. If that makes sense.

1 Like

Nice one, thanks for the support. I hope the rest of the album lives up to your expectations.

Flattering comparison, great artist.

Hope you enjoy it.

2 Likes

Fantastic… I am looking forward to giving this a proper listen. A subject matter close to my own heart. For years I lived in Hutchinson, KS, (about an hour’s drive from here), where stood the Kansas Cosmosphere, a space museum and a Smithsonian relic restoration facility. It was free to residents and only a short walk from my house. There, one could peruse the largest collection of Soviet space flight artifacts on display outside of Moscow (along with such historic US relics as The Liberty Bell capsule and the actual Apollo 13 capsule). A great place to visit, soak up some atmosphere and contemplate. Why is this place in a small town in Kansas? I don’t know. But it is. And I loved it.

7 Likes

Great observation. I made a lot of use of the Acidbox 3’s filter to add a lot of that buzzing and stuff, somewhat to get the effect you describe, but also to emulate the imperfect brilliance of the Soviet technology of the time.

4 Likes

Im lucky enough to live a few miles from the National Space Centre in Leicester. There’s a complete Soyuz in there with all 3 modules still intact (because it never actually went into space). It’s a hell of a piece of engineering, amazing that they’re still in use after more than 50 years.

3 Likes

this is great! Purchased…

1 Like

Thanks for the support.

Seems my popularity has broken bandcamp…

1 Like

FSB agents must be onto you

2 Likes

Not for the first time…

2 Likes