New Ableton M4L : For external gear-New Update 1.5

Hi dangayle!
You have not been rude at all, on the contrary, you help me by giving your opinion.
For presets that contain vst, you have to make a group before, with the macros, if you want, save it (so you create the adg format) and then drag it to the device.
Thanks!
Cheers!!!

1 Like

Hi friends!
I leave the demo to everyone in case someone wants to try it …
Track Flow DEMO | Ableton | Max4Live Device - Create and Change Audio-Midi Tracks
Cheers!!!

Hi friends!
I would like to tell you that the new update is here! 1.3, and it works great!
look what a user says!
Cheers!!!

Thanks!!!

4 Likes

Hi Friends!!
New version 1.4!!
Now you can change the volume, pan, arm, unarm, turn off the monitor and all functions are independent or combined !

Go Here :
tf 1.4
Cheers!!!

2 Likes

Wow, this is amazing! Feels like a full in depth tutorial is needed for this one. I kind of get it but don’t haha. I’ve got it working but feels like I’m missing some of the more complex features.

3 Likes

I’ve looked at the product page several times, and re-read this thread, but I still don’t understand what it does.

1 Like

In the device you choose the parameters of an audio or midi track, (inputs, outputs, name, colour, panning etc). Do that for as many potential inputs / outputs you have (synths, interface inputs, midi controllers), each one on its own device in the same track.

Save this as your default set, with one track with all these devices, then you just choose what tracks you need for that session, and at the click of a mouse, you can create each track without having to name them or choose their inputs every time. It’s like a quick template builder - so more flexible than just creating a template.

Does that make sense?

2 Likes

Thanks tikoda! excellent explanation! Maybe it would not be better, assign it by some midi controller or keyboard key, instead of the mouse?
Cheers!

Hi Mistercharlie!
To give you an example, to be able to create an audio track in Ableton you have to do the command ctrl + T, right? well, now with this device you are going to create a track with everything you want (inputs, outputs, effects, etc)
And you will choose with which command to execute it, for example letter A or whatever you want!
Cheers!

1 Like

yeah that’s the next step, I suppose I have so many midi/key commands already I’d actually rather just click, but that’s me :slight_smile:

1 Like

haha! Yes! I use capital letters a lot to have more assigned, type shift + A …
Now I am looking at another function to be able to create many tracks with a single command, Chain mode!
Greetings!

Hi!
Yes! I have to do tutorials! but for now I prefer to add more functions! haha … you can ask me what you need!
Cheers !!

Is it a kind of ‘making a template’? Or did I miss the point?

1 Like

Hi Peter!
There are two functions! one is to create tracks as a template and have them when you want.
And the other is to change, that you can only change tracks for inputs, add effects, arm, etc.
This function is different from templates.
Cheers!!

1 Like

Kind of but a lot more flexible, because halfway through a song you could be like ‘ I need another stereo track for my prophet 12, and another kick track from my RYTM’, and just press 2 buttons and they’re there, inputs and outputs at the ready.

Edit:

It’s like having all of your templates ready at the clock of a button, rather than in your side bar. I’ve never found templates that useful, this so far more flexible.

3 Likes

This would be great - templates within templates!
‘Band recording’
‘Techno jam’
‘Outboard FX’

Etc

I haven’t tried this between studios yet, if it remembers all the inputs between different interfaces this will be a huge time saver when swapping between home and different consoles… oh em gee

1 Like

Yes! it will be great !!!

@Jcrzzz @Tikoda Thanks for the fast reply, appreciate it! It looks very interesting, I will download the demo version.

1 Like

Great! The demo version has fewer functions. If you later want to go to the full version, remember that if you don’t like it, I’ll refund your payment! No problem!
Cheers!
Juan cruzz

1 Like

Thanks Juan!

1 Like