Neon Egg Planetarium

http://neonegg.com/Info/

How have I only found out about this pedal today? Usually elektronauts is on top of all things new! This pedal certainly seems like something new and different in a lot of ways. I think the first batch is getting out in the wild right now, so I’m looking forward to seeing what synthy stuff people come up with.

7 Likes

Whoa, neat! Sidechaining goodness.

1 Like

Sold out on their webpage already! I think that was even quicker than EQD’s Sunn O))) Life Pedal

I’ve been looking at it for a while now, but I can’t justify the money really. It’s surely one of the coolest looking FX out there though. For the money I’d rather go for an all analog effect I think. EDIT: Like the Dreadbox Hypnosis?

dammit, why did I click on this thread…
really want one of these now! :smiley:

2 Likes

Welcome to Elektronauts @sonofhynos btw :sunny:

Welcome to the gang, @sonofhypnos

First batch sold out in a day, I think. The website does have instructions for getting in line for future batches.

Does anyone know if this is still alive? The last website update was July 2020 and the last post on Instagram was a year ago. I always fancied one and it seemed like demand far outstripped supply so I figured they’d have no trouble with lack of custom/income, but this length of silence doesn’t make me inclined to get my hopes up

Oof. Yeah. My number came up and I had a chance to buy one sometime last year, I think. I wasn’t in gear-buying mode at the time so I declined my turn. I never heard back. I did recently see one in a @Duskmos video (I think?). Perhaps they can shed some light on the unit’s availability?

2 Likes

I haven’t done a proper demo/review on it yet (I mentioned/showed it on Insta once or twice though @cold_fashioned ), but I did get mine back in July! I know on the web/social side of things he (they’re?) kind of slow to update, but it’s worth it because it’s one of the best effect units I’ve ever used. Within a week it felt like one of those “oh yeah this one isn’t going anywhere” kind of units haha. I’m not going to have any content up until early next year on it, but I definitely recommend it highly for sure.

1 Like

Ah, thanks a load for the insight! How long did it take for your number to come up? The only reason I might not end up getting one would be if I picked up a Zoia and felt as though that covered it, although having that plus a Zoia seems like the best option!

I searched my inbox and it appears I got on the list mid-August 2019 (!) and my turn came up in December, 2019. I declined and then never heard back from them again, haha.

nice pedal

Four months sounds fairly reasonable. I wonder if that’s still the rough waiting time

So my experience was that I sent the email to be on the list near the end of September of 2020, and had a couple questions, but finally heard back in May of 2021 (and he apologized for the late reply) and was asked if I was still interested. I got my unit early July from there. So alllmost a year haha.

1 Like

Damn, if I’m doing a depth year next year maybe if I order it in December it won’t actually happen until January 2023 so I won’t break the 12 month no purchases rule :wink:

1 Like

Haha that would be ideal!

1 Like

I’m going to update this thread when my video(s) go live so hopefully it’ll help some folks make a buying decision, but it’s pretty awesome. With the sidechaining ability this thing is next level. It’s definitely a great bang-for-buck between that and the great sounding reverb and nice sounding delay with modulation. I’d probably say it would be a great all-in-one solution for someone who just wants to get their feet wet with external effects (but doesn’t mind spending a little money to do it). That’s my early assessment anyway. I have a lot of effects and I still like it enough to probably warrant keeping it forever haha. :+1:

3 Likes

I forgot to post back, but I did a “first look” type video and demoed the reverb and delay side (no compression or sidechain) on my YouTube channel! I still have a full demo and review coming up (with multiple sources as well), and will report back with that link too when the time comes. =)

5 Likes