NanoPad2 Octatrack configuration

Hello! anyone has any idea how to configure a nanopad2 with Octatrack Mk1?
I just want to be able to play drums with my fingers, without buying another controller.

So far I can only launch tracks, but not play slices or chromatic. Any reference, link, tutorial?

Welcome to the forum!

Refer to Appendix C of the latest version of the OT’s manual to find out which note numbers the OT needs to receive for each of its various note mappings.

1 Like

Thank you very much, I see. I was reading the manual and it seems very obscure (unclear), at least for a MIDI beginner. Maybe such a basic controller works only on a computer. I use a Kenton midi Hub to communicate them. I actually thought it could be configured in the Midi Setups of the OT itself.

What I understood is that I have to use the “pages” of my controller, go to the 4th, and there are mapped the 12 notes to play chromatic. But I still can’t use the slices. It would be ideal to be able to use the same 16 pads on the 16 triggers.

Is there anyone on this forum who has used a NanoPad2 or similar with their Octatrack?

Or is it just not compatible and next would be an Arturia BeatStep or something else?