NAMM 2024 -- (January 25 - 28)

Just watched the Sonicstate video and have had to recover my jaw from the floor. In this modern world of so many synthesiser choices it’s rare to see something that feels truly different. I sold my copy of Zebra a few years ago as I wasn’t using it to it’s full potential, I had other options, and it had good resale value… with the new Zebralette I can imagine getting so much mileage that Z3 is ultra-overkill for me. But I feel like I’ll want to get it as a tip of the hat for the work to develop all of this and for being kind enough to provide some access to this technology for those who don’t have the cash in the hip pocket to go all in.

Oh, and I’ll definitely be trying to figure out how or if it’s possible to use Hive/Zebra wavetables in the DT.

4 Likes

I think USB-C solved most of that now yes.

When the iPhone/iPad first came out a lot of companies made controllers and docks for it.
But now that iPhone/IPad are way more matured for music production it seems all companies have backed away from it and I really don’t understand way.

2 Likes

Is this beast at NAMM 2024?

1 Like

It works with the Driven by Moss Bitwig extension.

1 Like

Update that enables this isn’t out until March.

1 Like

Wow, these Polish Stradi basses are gorgeous. Fortunately far too expensive, but that’s definitely a work of art.

5 Likes

Thats it then. Send in the cleaners.

this Buchla and friends side event is on today so maybe some more new stuff and demos

4 Likes

Wow, that’s possibly the ugliest thing I’ve ever seen

2 Likes

Isn’t this to announce the new black corporation/Buchla USA modules?

Edit: ignorant me not noticing how many names are on the bottom.

Went digging for the spec sheet so I could see the dimensions.
https://on-stage.com/specsheets/14989.pdf

I could see myself using this to build a little mini system that I can easily remove from the desk when not in use. I have limited space so I need to frequently swap things out, or my gear just sits on the shelf in my closet, sad.

5 Likes

Bring back the MPC Fly 30! I’m only half joking.

1 Like

More 32-bit float recorders! The new H1 in particular could be very tempting, I wouldn’t mind something actually pocket friendly that has the 32-bit float tech.

8 Likes

MatrixFreak would make sense but first finish the MiniFreak OS… to bring it inline with the MicroFreak please…

1 Like

My biggest gripe with current H1n is that line-in isn’t actually line-in - it clips as hell if I don’t put the mixer output volume and H1 gain very low. It’s also a bit annoying that it can’t be powered via USB when using it as an iOS audio interface. If wonder if they improved any of this.

4 Likes

Put a post on the new Embodme ERAE II controller over in this other thread.

Thanks lemons for the tip off up-thread.

ADDED :

5 Likes

image

Looks like those complaints have been resolved?

10 Likes

usb bus powered and 32bit float means no more clipping.:+1:t3:

8 Likes

Seems promising, I’ll check the manual to be sure (once it’s available).