NAMM 2024 -- (January 25 - 28)

Makes a sound like Kirk materializing in the transporter

1 Like

I can hear Scotty swearing.

1 Like

2024 could be a good year for portable music making devices. (If you include the backend of 2023 :wink:)

2 Likes

Funny how themes will emerge from shows without a coordination between companies. Last Superbooth was performance mixers ( and other stuff ).

1 Like

Industrial espionage

2 Likes

My post on that. The first example also involved shows, though i don’t think i mentioned it. I’ve also posted about the secret hidden sides of trade shows, which is sometimes the more important part of a show.

ADDED : An example of a secret side to this NAMM might be : ASM / Medeli and Korg after hours discussing future possible collaborations.

1 Like

IMG_2080

31 Likes

More private meetings possible :

I imagine a few people might be interested to talk with decision makers at Melbourne Instruments for obvious reasons.

If there are decision makers from Modal at the show, there is probably a few who might have ideas to discuss with them.

Another is Expressive E if they are in the slightest interested. They might not be.

Oh, and you might want to look over your shoulder, 'cuz Music Tribe is in attendence.

2 Likes

Another part of a show like NAMM that I like. I counted 172 separate musical performances as a part of this show. I know there are others not listed like Cuckoo and Jade Wii, and unlisted performers elsewhere, a lot of whom, hoping it’s all, are getting paid well. And on top of getting paid for the gig, there is the chance to meet people for more paid work later.

I know companies like Yamaha hire performers as representatives, and other companies do similar.

Spread our money around.

3 Likes

Guessing these will be shown - Mackie launch DLZ Creator XS, ProFXv3+ & MobileMix

This could be of interest to those into really compact mixers -

4 Likes

No usb out on this mobilemix, which struck me as odd.

All five will be shown, almost for sure, the MobleMix is the last, so it may be at a final production test run kind of level. They obviously had these well underway when Rode purchased them, so Mackie was expanding their product line going into the sale.

1 Like

Oh no. That spells trouble for me. Roland is my kryptonite.

Whatever that is I want it.

2 Likes

Oh no. Looking forward now to the chartreuse green Roland synth !

What Superman does to protect himself from Kryptonite.

He wears a lead suit that blocks the radiation !

2 Likes

The drum machine we’ve all been waiting for :wink:

4 Likes

They will literally release any drum machine before a proper Volca drum engines drum machine right? :joy:

4 Likes

right! its wild, they have a certified banger and seem to refuse it!

2 Likes

Any new mixer multitrack audio interfaces on the horizon? Like a Tascam Model 8 with all stereo tracks, or a Roland MX-2, how about a Korg Zero 8 rev 2 usb-c “functional edition” (the mixer of my dreams)?

4 Likes

That new little rhythm box sounds good actually !

I was expecting cheesy. I could practice with that. Another battery device for this year’s theme.

It’s $120 USD.

2 Likes