Namm 2022

One octave pieces? Why not just 3/4. That would still fit in a suitcase.

I think the portable piano was the first thing I saw when I walked in the main hall. I looked at my colleague and said something about it having to be crap. Not a very enlightened view. I think I was on sensory overload and had to decide what to look at and what to ignore. Sorry I didn’t try it. At least I’d be able to report to the forum on it!

I am also picky about computer keyboards. My wife has a MacBook with only the slightest amount of key-follow, and I hate typing on it. I’ve been using a laptop since forever, so I’m not accustomed to typing on an old-school, clicky keyboard, but I can understand the draw to such a device.

I don’t think that’s a bad assumption… the emphasis is on portability.

The one thing I’m curious about… Reading the description it mentions 12 levels of sensitivity. I can’t tell if that’s 12 different sensitivity settings or do they mean it only tracks velocity at 12 different points instead of 127?

I won’t pick this up, but I am excited about these options and hope they continue improving it.

For Manhattan living, this would be amazing. My 88 keys (naked CME UF 80) is a beast. (Naked: I removed the housing so it would fit in the Output Platform desk keyboard tray).

Wind the man in bubble wrap, please? :worried:
/s

Not s: Nice to see people taking precautions. Thank you.

1 Like

He must have told the Oberheim story a million times and hes still got da passion to tell a rookie interviewer. Good on you Tom.

1 Like

Ed been around for a while now. Wouldn’t call him a rookie and he always delivers. :slight_smile:

I don’t think that’s Ed though?
Andy perhaps? They do sound kinda similar.
Maybe Ed with a mask :wink:

Opening this thread back up.

Looks like we forgot this, and it looks too cool to ignore.

It’s called the Positronic Recursion Studio and it’s from a new company Entropy & Sons. It’s a psychedelic video creation hardware system that uses a variety of creation methods including fractals, and has video input, MIDI, audio, as well as multiple CV, and a variety of hand controls and a color touch screen interface. You also can input still images for manipulation.

They are also going to be at Knobcon ( Chicago ) 2022 in early September, so we all can see how close they are to shipping. It had been scheduled for Q3 2022, but i don’t know the present status.

7 Likes

This lookes amazing, is there anything else like this on the market?

Can it do something else than psychedelic fractals?

Reminds me a bit of the Critter & Guitari Eyesy with more inputs, fancier UI, and visuals looking more complex (albeit not self-programmable, I believe)…

1 Like

That’s what I took from what was said in the video, and the description on the web-site, or what i understood, but it wasn’t demonstrated on the Sonic State video. The software was obviously pre-alpha, and hopefully a little more complete going into Knobcon. Wonder what effects are available when using the video input, or with static images ?

We can look forward to finding out more on this soon.

1 Like

With a deal like that how can I say no!?

2 Likes

In a few years there will be a Live Action 3-D Animated AI Art Synthesizer, with voice control :

”Ten hula girls dancing in a circle, in the style of the Simpsons, Exploding into a multi-colored amoeba with swirling patterns, That shifts to a Peter Max sunset with sailboats and rocket ships …”

2 Likes

Can’t wait :yum::stuck_out_tongue:

People see Unison Audio’s commercial success and want to copy its methods it seems…

“This plugin cost 1,000,000 USD to make, but we’re selling it for 347 USD to you!!!”

1 Like

Ah I’ve not seen their ads so wouldn’t have got the reference. Tbh it did make me chuckle.

Erogenous Tones - STRUCTURE

1 Like