NAMM 2020 Rumors, Wishes, and Speculation Thread

Anybody own or thinking about getting anything Empress effects?

Well from this video it looks like they got something cooking for NAMM.

Theres no preview of it in the video but was mentioned they have something new for NAMM and it looks like Benn is an artist maybe sponsored by them or previewing the new Empress gear at that after show he’s performing at.

Also Empress seems to be throwing that gig as their name is represented on the flyer.

1 Like

I’m sure a lot of us are hoping for an OT MK3. I’d pay a premium for a proper upgrade, but I’m not holding my breath. I’ll still wait until NAMM to pull the trigger on a used OT, though, just to be safe.

1 Like

Many good prospects in this thread but I wonder if Elektron might release a delay/reverb box like heat (but digital of course). I’m pretty sure that has been thought of before here. Digital Ice! to tame your Analog Heat

1 Like

DT MKII with the fabled digital synthesis. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Thanks for that. I also was thinking that these threads are usually for product info from any / all manufacturers.

1 Like

I don’t see any of yours that have been hidden… maybe I’m missing something.

Man, whatever it is Im stoked. I think they’ll start teasing soon

Korg just dropped a teaser for something coming on 10 january :

2 Likes

I’ve seen it in the ‘flesh’ and it’s awesome. But it’s not an actual announcement yet, so into the “Speculation” thread it goes…

Man I’m pumped for NAMM. Let’s hope it’s not dn mkll

There’s a new KORG tease with a 10.01 date

Did you sign an NDA ? Can you drop us a hint as to what it is ? (worth a try :laughing:)

3 Likes

Not a chance. :smile:

7 Likes

a new nord synth would be nice! i wish they make a G3 <3

5 Likes

You and me both.

1 Like

spidey sense tingling. methinks 2600.

If this link works. My guess is the 2600. Right size, right sound.
See this Instagram video by @korgofficial

2 Likes

Well, that snippet of a tease and your equally scurrilous (but understandable!) tease I’m going to make wild presumptions of the 2600… I am entirely comfortable with this state of affairs.

I think you could be spot on with this… at least it makes the most sense in my tiny little mind. I reckon it would be more likely to be something non-FM to avoid potential crossover with the DN.

Personally, I like the idea of a Model:DPRO - a modern reinterpretation of the DPRO machines from the MNM rather than a straight-forward re-hash.

3 Likes

Im not shure about a DT mk2. Shure, Stereo Sampling and Monitoring would be great, but would it be enough to justify a mk2? I hope they present a official Version of Overbridge – Beta phase lasted a long time.

Maybe Native Instruments tells something more of their new platform they announced when laying their stuff of – maybe a subscription model (not interested in)?

What Im expecting is more professional Music-Software for the iPad Pro. Cubasis 3 was a first step, but what about some Ableton Live for the iPad, or Logic? Some Overbridge or Soundtoys-Plugins? Sidecar options for DAWs?

And more KI software: Zynaptic should show a Plugin that seperates Drums, Bass and Voice form a Track.

On the modular scene, Im suspecting more Stereo-Modules. Will we see a Bluetooth-Module for Syncing with Midi and Ableton Link?

Oh yes, and as MIDI2 is arriving, new Keyboards will evolve like the Osmose Keyboard, with Touch sensors on the Keys (hello cme: show Us some slim versions)

But if not, it will still be an experimental year with e-rm Polygogo and Soma Pulsar 23 on my wishlist. Maybe I throw in some harry-potter-gadget like the soma ether 2 in the meantime: https://youtu.be/NzpzO_1Mlt8