NAMM 2020 : Actual News/Releases

Does anyone knows what happened to Squarp Rample?

9 Likes

Yup. And isn’t à midi fighter the same thing already ?

no, would love to know

Yeah the kickstarter was posted. I think the first reply was ’ er so its a midi fighter in a cardboard box? ’ … the end.

3 Likes

Are they at NAMM? I haven’t seen any picture of their booth.

Anyone see the Jamstik?

Not a great name, but it uses the Fishman system and has a 3.5mm MIDI out. Looks pretty promising

Do you need software to use the midi pickup, or can you plug it directly into hardware like the digitone and control it through midi?

Ooo, interesting.

I won’t risk myself at pre ordering because MIDI and guitars has a pretty troublesome relationship so far.

But I’ll certainly keep an eye on it.

I’ve had the beta version of this for nearly a year, it’s actually pretty good. They just released a new beta today which uses the new algorithm he’s talking about. It’s worth a buy if it’s still available on beta purchase, as it was only £60 (GBP)

Year of Wavetables and Expensive Reverbs i guess

+1, leavin us hanging!

Wow i love this, hope someone does some demos of it with synths in the near future.

Right? I already have 3 reverbs on the list: Chase Bliss/Meris, AMS and EarthQuaker.

1 Like

Yoo, I found out from Stefan via pedal zone instagram, that it is stereo trs

1 Like

I feel the same way, and definitely not on my must have list as I have way too many guitar synth effects already, but like @Eak plugging directly into the Digitone sounds pretty amazing. I’ve heard pretty good things about the Triple Play, and I imagine this will improve any latency since this can be hardwired instead of over Bluetooth.

1 Like

Dude, that would be excellent to route the midi into a drum rack and just talk into it- Conversation styled percussion- really random but catchy beats

2 Likes

Please, share that comment on the "Obsolescence of live drummers? " accidental thread :joy:

2 Likes

DUDE! Get a few of those Midi drum triggers, attach them to a drum set, and for a show- just sit behind the drum set only for the purposes of talking about your day/hopes and dreams into a microphone triggering the drums.

People will feel pleasantly disappointed :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m imagining hectic Autechre but with random thoughts for the day on top :joy:

2 Likes

This gives the phrase boots n pants new life!!! :joy:

2 Likes