NAMM 2020 : Actual News/Releases

but are they at namm ? couldnt find them on the list…

I don’t really understand is this in regards to the price of the renovated sp1200’s being $7500? The sp1200 clone is literally a guy rewriting the lost source code for the sp1200 and remaking it the ground up to be the same thing. I find it much more impressive than the isla sp2400. It’s still a great looking instrument but it’s not the same things it’s some guys take on it

that guy is also definitely NOT at NAMM. if there’s not a thread about that machine, start one. it’s definitely interesting. but this is a NAMM thread (hence why @mec1 thought you were referring to the 30th anniversary 1200, which was announced at NAMM).

3 Likes

Its not the same thing true, ITS miles better.

Is day 2 usually a good one in past NAMM history?

Nope. Day 1 is the big show. Now it’s the smaller releases

Oh thats a pity. I was kinda hoping for me from the synth hardware department. Seems to be geared more around guitars and effects.

Yeah, that’s what I remember. Every once in a while someone makes a splash on Saturday, but for the most part, you’ve seen the biggest stuff already.

Superbooth is the place where all the synths are announced these days. NAMM is kind of dying.

5 Likes

Wait so no behringer 606??

This is interesting/different:

Edit: “interesting/different” in approach; obviously not in inspiration

1 Like

omg

16 Likes

I’m getting to a point where I expect Behringer to announce a new product every single day. Not just at NAMM; every day of the year.

19 Likes

and tomorrow i want to see Uli cutting the prices 50% off. or at least another SP1200.

that would be a Statement

1 Like

This is nuts

3 Likes

for reference. nice to share the lifespan with a guy like Uli

This is just insane, other manufactures will have to re-think their price structure if they want to sell any Eurorack modules in the future.

4 Likes

Good thing I didn’t dive into Modular yet… any news on the price of their Modular case?

Mo sweat, it’s just a few tasty teasers away :totes:

1 Like

Gamechanger Audio has a new product, the Light Pedal.

This has spring reverb, but instead of using a microphone to pickup the audio, it reflects infrared light from an LED off the spring. This can pickup a wider range of frequencies, harmonics, and overtones which brings a different sort of sound to the traditional spring reverb. There are also lots of controls with this so you can really tune and customize the sounds.

This video is using the Light Pedal with an electric guitar only, so you’ll have to imagine what the reverb would sound like on your favorite synth. I want to hear a better demo, and get a feel for how much range is really in this pedal.

https://www.gamechangeraudio.com/light-pedal

Gamechanger is the company that did the motor synth – that made noise spinning up motors, so they’re used to thinking out of the box.

15 Likes