NAMM 2020 : Actual News/Releases

This is nuts

3 Likes

for reference. nice to share the lifespan with a guy like Uli

This is just insane, other manufactures will have to re-think their price structure if they want to sell any Eurorack modules in the future.

4 Likes

Good thing I didn’t dive into Modular yet… any news on the price of their Modular case?

Mo sweat, it’s just a few tasty teasers away :totes:

1 Like

Gamechanger Audio has a new product, the Light Pedal.

This has spring reverb, but instead of using a microphone to pickup the audio, it reflects infrared light from an LED off the spring. This can pickup a wider range of frequencies, harmonics, and overtones which brings a different sort of sound to the traditional spring reverb. There are also lots of controls with this so you can really tune and customize the sounds.

This video is using the Light Pedal with an electric guitar only, so you’ll have to imagine what the reverb would sound like on your favorite synth. I want to hear a better demo, and get a feel for how much range is really in this pedal.

https://www.gamechangeraudio.com/light-pedal

Gamechanger is the company that did the motor synth – that made noise spinning up motors, so they’re used to thinking out of the box.

15 Likes

I… Must… Resist… :joy:

3 Likes

Yes!! This makes me so happy. A definite buy this year :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

Oooooo. price?

won’t be releasing until around q2-3 this year so yeah.

haven’t been keeping up much but from the bits I briefly gathered it supports au and uad native plugins.

they are about to go live again at the hour.

1 Like

My wife is going to ask for the price when that beast drops in our flat :panda:

Am still trying to talk myself out of going eurorack though :cool:

3 Likes
10 Likes

lmao, it triggering while he’s explaining things

4 Likes

It’s so quick in it’s response – i wonder how it would do with input from an instrument like a saxophone? It’s one thing to get the notes but to notate the pitch bends in addition is both impressive and useful.

2 Likes

Under 10ms for mid range and above.

Computers, man…

3 Likes
9 Likes

News! The Korg Wavestate has 2 Gig or so of empty storage inside – and may (or may not) have user loaded samples in the future.

This is from Nick Kwas a veteran Korg representative.

10 Likes

oh damn they did the fixed filter bank

Do you play sax Jukka? I have my alto still, would be kind of fun to integrate it into the setup with some tech like that.

Gaz interviews John Lehmkuhl about his new product Unify which is a plugin that lets you combine other plugins inside it.

This is a very Gaz sort of video – and Lehmkuhl makes it Gaz squared. If you’d like a video that will make what Unify does more clear see this.

The is a product page for Unify here.

4 Likes