Name two simple missing features you wish Digitakt had

i would love to be able to map things to velocity/aftertouch/mod wheel etc… but especially velocity.

and hope one day they fix the bug that sends the pattern change message to external gear too late when using scale per track.

3 Likes

velocity sensitivity for the 8x8 buttons

2 Likes

I feel like assigned sounds to chromatic notes on a single track and perhaps a quick render sample option for sounds would be nice workflow additions, it wouldn’t really change what you could do with the digitakt but it would encourage you to play with choke group drums and resample sounds for further manipulations.

3 Likes

Swappable fx slots
Disk streaming

Honorable mention: proper kit browser/load/scheme

5 Likes
  1. Velocity sensative pads.
  2. Buttons and knobs NOT coated in melting rubberised gunk.
3 Likes

Midi channel/cc assignment defaults per pattern/overall

An envelope generator in a 3rd LFO menu

(Bonus 3rd that would be a long shot and would certainly merit a mkII) a basic shapes and maaaaybe wavetable synthesis voice as an alternative to the sample slots. My ideal implementation would be at position 0 of the sample pool in any project so that you could lock a single step as a sample, but there could also be a choice of track 1 sample or synth and then the sample pool is replaced with presets.

3 Likes

13 Levels for Velocity on Chromatic Mode
Grid Sample Slicing and mapping to Chromatic Mode

Cheers

2 Likes

Recording and transmission of all controllers, pitch bend etc. The ability to p lock the mixer section.

3 Likes

A dedicated MIDI CC number for activating/deactivating the fill mode.
Making the channel destination of the MIDI tracks p-lockable :crazy_face:

Not sure if the second one qualifies as “simple” though

2 Likes

2nd LFO per midi track

Quantised record start/stop (pattern length or something like that)

5 Likes

Card slot and stereo sampling, but I prefer the OT which has both anyway.

3 Likes
  • Using MIDI tracks on audio tracks (internal midi routing)
  • slice mode (playing/plocking sample chains slots)
2 Likes

exactly. which is why the DT lacks many of the OT’s features.

2 Likes

i’ve the OT too, some years before the DT and i prefer the DT over the OT.

yes the DT is very limited over the OT, but i like it… if it had a zoom in out, the song mode, bigger or better memory option, i think it could take over the OT easy

the DT effects is tasty and better than the OT ones

the OT sample edditing is very powerfull and for me is painfull that to send a sample to DT you have to sum it in mono to not lost too much, cut some lenght due the limited 1gb capacity

i don’t know but i feel that when the SP-404mk2 will be more easy to buy, we will see more DT SP combination and OT sales will go down

1 Like

This is it. I honestly don’t even want song mode/time stretch/live sampling etc…if I had a desire for that much fussiness then I would have bought an Octatrack. Not passing modwheel however is a bizarre omission.

5 Likes

I am gonna write them a request via email. The more of us do this, the more chances for us to see the feature.

1 Like

Kits, or a global menu where tracks can be blocked through the patterns, or perhaps Banks.

Accent option, or Mapping Velocity menu.

4 Likes

Ability to hard link patterns sound settings for easier, more consistent, variation creation, like OT parts.

Ability to record a quantized loop and auto assign it to a track to be used globally. Then on the pattern switch, unmute other tracks to mix into the new pattern.

3 Likes

Time stretch/slicer
Random pattern generation

4 Likes

Wish the DT had a feature request feature so I could submit feature requests from trigs.

8 Likes