Name two simple missing features you wish Digitakt had

Songmode
iOS app for loading/backup

3 Likes
  • slicing
  • song mode
2 Likes

Not sure if anything is ā€˜missingā€™ from the Digitakt, itā€™s a carefully crafted instrument with a considered feature set. But sure, stereo samples would be nice.

3 Likes

Software-wise, just midi-arp and generative stuff.

HW-wise, Iā€™d love a few extra dedicated buttons in the next revision- even small ones.

Couple uses: I still get tripped up switching between trigs, tracks, and ptns. Clearer global modality would help there, or just fewer multi-use cases.

Iā€™d also love to use dedicated buttons for easy performance like repeat/ratchet or assignable like 404.

DT is already capable ofc, but you canā€™t argue with the instant accessibility of the 404 or even DB impact for performance effects.

3 Likes

Master DJ FX ā€¦ scattering / glitching!

Be able to control the conditional trigs for all trigs on a track (kinda like a +100% / -100% nudging maybe with some scatter function)

4 Likes

Lazy chop

2 Likes
  • Midi Retrig
  • CC assignment for retrig speed.
5 Likes

I have no sympathy for such people any more. used OTā€™s mk1ā€™s are the same price as a DT. just get that and move on.

7 Likes

donā€™t need twoā€¦just more sample time

4 Likes

-dimmable ledā€™s
-kits that stay like i tweaked them when switching between patterns

Exactly what i thought until i tried an OT. Too many menus for me. Now i love my Digitakt even more.

4 Likes

It has dimmable LEDs already.

3 Likes

Digitakt? Definitely not.

You can dim the LEDs in the System menu, under ā€œled intensityā€. I think it was added in 1.30.

4 Likes

really? have to check. or maybe i forgot because it was not enough and still hurts my eyes.

edit:
youā€™re right. i already set it. but itā€™s still too bright imo.

1 Like

Agreed, they are bright. I donā€™t know how anybody can use the high setting! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Youā€™re acting like OT is a big DT. I found the workflow to be pretty darn different. And this isnā€™t an expectation thread, says wish in the title.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve been messing around with the MIDI loopback thing and the little scenes hack you can do so Iā€™m thinking it would be pretty great if you could:

1. Assign the MIDI tracks to the FX tracks without using the MIDI ports. Bonus points if everything being internal means I can tell it to move the start point and have it respond on the same step.
  2. Save MIDI sounds. I donā€™t really have much of any use for sounds on the Digitakt. But for MIDI? Being able to save all my cc assignments and what not and call that up instead of having to refer back to the MIDI implementation would be nice.
12 Likes

I miss only kits.

4 Likes

Zooming in after the fact

5 Likes