Mystery Muted track help!

So I have opened up an old project, to keep working on.
Here is the setup
Track 1 is a drum loop
Track 2 is percussions
Track 3 bass
4, synth
Then 6 is thru machine for main beat
7 is for live resampling
And 8 so far is unused, might use it as master track, not quite sure yet.

So track 5! It won’t play anything back! I got trigs, I got flex samples loaded.
I set the exact same thing up on other tracks and they work with the samples and settings the same. The outs, I tried both main and cue outs, nothing! I am out of ideas ! And this is the first time this has happened to me.
Might be worth noting I was using track 5 to sample the content of tracks 1 thru 4 before trying to load its own samples onto it!

Please any ideas! This is pissing me royally off!

Thanks

Have you tried turning it off then on? (sorry, couldn’t help myself)
Try page + clear on each page to reset settings.
Check there are no scene settings that are mutting.
Is plays free on?

1 Like

I didn’t know about page clear, I will look into that! Thanks
What’s plays free? I gotta look into that as well.

Ok, I reset everything I could figure out on that track,
I tried it as a flex machine with a sample loaded and trigs, nothing!
As a thru machine for my MPC with a trig, nothing!
It does play, as in there is a play symbol next to the f on the side of the screen, just no sound!
I don’t get it seriously this is really pissing me off! It works fine i mother projects I reloaded!
Can anyone help?

Make sure you aren’t sending any midi data into the OT, it has some crazy abilities!
Check the control menu, not sure as I’m out and about, there is setting that means the audio tracks send and receive midi cc.

I disabled all that, use the octatrack as the master. I controls everything else but I haven’t bothered getting it to receive anything other than keyboard ins on the midi tracks only!

I am doing fine working on the project without it for now, but really this is just bothering me a lot!

Don’t you have a scene activated on the volume of that track?

Nope!

When you press play, does the square beside the track number turn into a “play” triangle?

I had something weird like that happen to me last week, one of my static tracks just would not play, I have no idea why.

Yeah it does, but sometimes it would stop. I reset everything I could think of, all the track parameters, all the trigs etc. Now the triangle plays through but still no sound!

Try hold track 5 (the button next to the screen) and press play ( with a fresh sample loaded into a new flex slot).

1 Like

I got it figured out! I tried all the resets everyone mentioned and eventually got it! Thanks

3 Likes

Well done !
The Octa does so many things, so therefor so many ways to confuse you :thinking:
Do you know the exact problem you had so you can document it here for future users ?

2 Likes

Tell me what you saw.