My new EP: Nate Horn - Time

Hey Elektronaut friends! I dropped a new EP today, ‘Time’, which contains a handful of tracks I’ve produced over the past year. Everything was made using a Digitakt/Digitone or Octatrack/Rytm (apart from the Prelude which is mostly a Lyra-8).

Thanks for giving it a listen :blue_heart:

Bandcamp:

31 Likes

Listening to it now! There are some pretty impressive atmospheres here(I’ve only gone though the prelude and “Dust”)

Dust- i love the, well, dusty sounding keys and that desperate, whimpering lead.

I love the forward momentum of Outside. Its a very compelling listen!

I was going to give a play by play on my listen, but it looks like I’m going to be “Outside” for a bit.

Good work! Congrats on the release! Good luck on getting listeners! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Loving “Outside” the field recordings really integrate :+1:

3 Likes

Came on to say exactly this. The elements all come together really nicely :green_heart:. BoC Vs Floating Points? Possibly. Enjoying Time a lot too. A touch of The Field. Like the vaguely haunting atmosphere throughout the release. Very nice job.

1 Like

Thank you all!! :blue_heart:

2 Likes

… I’d love to listen but me not haz spotify account …

2 Likes

I’ll see if I can get it up on bandcamp soon! It’s on all the major platforms just in case you happen to have an account anywhere else though :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Added to bandcamp :white_check_mark:

10 Likes

Hi, congratulations on the release.

I really enjoyed the texture and noise on the tracks and it all sounds very lush.
Beats/drum are super cool(I’m a drummer) and I think that you found a really good way of being minimalist with your composition. Something that I still struggle with.
Mix feels very balanced and sounds great on my headphones, haven’t checked on speakers yet.

Did you master it yourself or did you send it off to someone else?

1 Like

Thank you!!

No real mastering to be honest, these are unadulterated straight out of the OT/DT :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Kudos!

1 Like

Listening now!

Sounds great.

2 Likes

This is good stuff, on first listen Outside and Good Mind are my favorites. You do a good job of balancing a more open airy production style with still being melodic.

2 Likes

This sounds awesome, Nate :clap:t2:

1 Like

@natehorn CONGRATULATIONS on your album release, man! Can’t wait to zone out and listen to this beautiful collection (already peeked :innocent:)! This is heavy, and beautiful man gonna turn the lights down low, pop an adult soda pop, and ride the clouds in spirit with ya :muscle:

1 Like

That’s some good stuff! Great vibe!

I’m curious about the cover art. Is that your work too?
It suits the music so well

1 Like

This is a nice nice EP. It feels like we are all tucked into the same pocket together, and the subtleties introduced keep things flowing along. Perfect listening for a night like tonight. Congrats on the release.

1 Like

Thank you! This was a collaboration between me and Midjourney :sweat_smile: