My New Album (Electro)

Hey!

Working on this since years…(that does not mean it’s good enough :grin: )

First person to ask here, will get a free download code!

Thanx to anyone that will listen to it!

Richard

Glitch-Chopper: under the neon lights

1 Like

Took a short listen. Very nice electro. I would love to have a download code :slight_smile:

1 Like

done PM

Thanks for the redeeming code and the opportunity to get to know this expertly crafted album. It is obvious to me that it must have taken a lot of time and energy to accomplish it.

Short review:
To me this is modern sounding edm. I don’t listen a lot to this genre. For some reason it reminds me of the Latinsizer “110” album from 2008 (should anyone have heard it), though the sound is not at all as modern as on Under the Neon Lights.

I would describe it as Efficient slow funk with a big soul or EFI - Electronic French intelligent music with Daft vibes and intense vocal processing. Professional production with lots of sharp and interesting sounds.

If I should try to give some more constructive feedback, something that could be developed? In my ears the songs are quite similar. Could be a greater variety along the road from start to end. I like to think about an album as a journey, rather than a couple of songs. This journey might get clearer as I get to know the album a bit better.

I am impressed by the high quality of the production of Under the Neon Lights. It would be interesting to learn more about the process and the tools to make it.

I would recommend anyone who is into high quality EDM to not miss this album. Worth every €.

1 Like

Hi Credo,

Thanx for the review, really appreciate it :slight_smile:

It has always been difficult for me to put my music in a category. I prefer people to do it, easier for me :wink:

About what could have been developed, i quite agreed with you. The funny thing is that years ago, the songs were more different in the sounds used. etc etc… then i decided to work on this, trying to make them more “linked”, maybe i went to far…

I sometimes like to change all the sounds in a song, just to “see” how it would sound, it’s a quite cool thing to do and sometime have good results.

I composed often on my hardware synths. Drums are almost always programmed on Maschine. I programmed from scratch all you hear, no existing loops. Then everything is made in Logic Pro, using VSTs (or AUs should i say), i just kept one or two tracks with i think a nordlead sound.

I can stay a lot of time ( i mean really a lot) to try sounds for each track for each song. I spend a lot of time programming automations, small breaks etc etc. I resample my own music too. I use a lot of guitar rig effects. I EQed every sound, getting rid of any frequences i don’t need to try to get a clear mix. Then i use basic Waves plug ins to “master”.

If you any questions…I’ll be happy to answer.

thanx again

1 Like