My Grime 140 bpm UK Garage

Mate, :100:

I’m looking forward to reaching that stage of the production. Thanks for your input. Absolutely appreciated.

Re: this ain’t Grime. Well, I guess it’s drawing from my influences. Rave, then Garage, then Grime (oldskool early 00’s stuff). All are close to my heart. (More Grimey at 19:00 mins -https://soundcloud.com/pkrynx/scrap-book100 :+1: didn’t include it in this scrapbook jam but it’s there if you are interested)

All patterns are at 140bpm.

Thanks for the levels comment, I’m glad the mix is translating well. That’s massive for me to hear.

2 Likes

The result is extremely audibly satisfying. Excellent work!

1 Like

On your soundcloud now. What gear are you using to produce this? Apologies if you’ve already stated it/displayed what you used in your youtube vid. Seriously great sound m8

1 Like

You’re rollin’.

1 Like

Thanks for that.
The first reason I bought loads of gear was because I watched his ‘Beat the Clock’. The reason why I sold lots of gear a few years later was because of the OT.
I never knew the specific time that Mumdance picked up his OT until reading this article. It filled in a patch I didn’t know about :+1:
I was wondering how he made ‘Doom’ - the second track on Twists and Turns. I thought he put an OT LFO on a drum track but always thought he had an OT after ‘Twists and Turns’.

Had massive amounts of fun with the OT! I had 2 and loved it. I am glad I switched one out for a RYTM. The individual outs, more individual tracks, and the ability to warp samples tick all the boxes.

I must confess, after reading the article I did try to put the OT back into my set up. I want to be running on full power. It didn’t fit in and cemented itself out of the equation for the creation of this mixtape. Because I was switching stuff around I ended up with a better configuration of the gear I’ve got.

Sorry to waffle on :cold_face:

2 Likes

Thank you very much.
The Scrapbook jams I am using the RYTM as the only sound outputting source. It is loaded with a bunch of my own samples and of course it’s internal analog sounds. Three of them are going out of the RYTM’s stereo outs and the rest are going into separate channels on the MX-1 through the Roland 500 series and AIRA EFX.

I really like the filters on the MX-1 :+1:
All this is being ran through the Analog Heat and onto cassette. Then into a Rubix 24 before hitting Logic.

1 Like

…yup…u got it ALL in there…somewhere…
but i really ask myself how u could translate all this into a live situation…
without traveling all that gear…

ot is hunting u again, i’m afraid…

i’m also heading for 140bpm again…been a while…but that’s just best average tempo to do it all at once…

and how much is that roland thing involved in all this for real, end of the line…?
the boom beauty is the rytm for sure…
only elektron box i don’t have in use…but damn, i might change my mind for only this…

No problem mate, keep up the good work. :thup:

1 Like

That is 100% badass

1 Like

Oh, and a Roland SRV 330 on the send return to bring all the sounds together.
I tried to whittle down as much gear as possible, especially the rack stuff but it was impossible to be without it. I used a plethora of devices but none could give me ‘that’ sound.

Thanks again, Ja!
Are you creating any 140bpm beats? Please share if you have anything!

Been bogged down with a new work schedule from home. Bogged down in a good way as I’m still being creative. The music roll I was on had to take a back seat.

I’m getting back on it though! @jb always has some good feedback (still didn’t exactly double the length of things though)
@ja @mike_input @toot
What you guys saying?

Got a pretty solid Side A for my project.

Again, just some plugins on the master.
Everything is out the box and the setup hasn’t changed.

7 Likes

Did you dig out your RYTM once again and get on a 140 tip, bro??

Dude this is excellent.
The track around the 6min mark is super dope.

1 Like

…ha…u obviously having fun and spread out the fun…keep on rockin’…and boooooming the hell out of it… :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

You always smash the ball out of the park.

I am happy with the mix. It’s taken years to get out of the box and happy with the results.

Have you had anymore releases recently?

Yes, mate! Cheers, bro!

Blockquote but i really ask myself how u could translate all this into a live situation…
without traveling all that gear…

ot is hunting u again, i’m afraid…

Blockquote

Didn’t use the MX-1 too much again. Just wanted to get this out there for now. Wouldn’t be without those filters though. I’d love to rip up a live set with actual people there. I played a DJ set once and it was magnetic. I dropped some tunes as per norm and then I played my track, none of the people knew it was my track, something really changed and I didn’t know what it was… people just huddled and skanked around the DJ booth. It was magic, man.

If I were to bring in the OT then I would lose the elements I’ve worked so hard on carving.
9 boxes ain’t that much. The BOSS RV500 and MD500, the MX-1 and The 4 AIRA EFX Modules, the Heat, and of course. The thing outputting every sound - the RYTM.

I want a separate knob to introduce floating hi-hats, I want a separate knob for the distortion on the cymbals and cowbells, I want to control the analog distortion on the low end, slice the beat, mute tracks at the touch of a button.

I could probably do without the Scooper taking it down to 8 boxes.

Anyway, the point is I’ve broken things down into the simplest possible form to express myself musically and I’m programmed like that now. It’s a habit. To introduce another box, and I tried, ended in headache.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Thanks,
I have one coming out early next month.

1 Like

You enjoy very much your track, so cool to watch :slight_smile: You made me move my head. I love it, It remind me some old school golden era of dubstep / grime / uk garage of 2005 - 2010.
very cool thanks for the mix, my day start good!

1 Like

this is rawwww

1 Like

This has made my day! That’s awesome to hear. Thanks @blaize, part of my inspiration comes from early Grime days (before it turned into Dubstep and Funky House.)
The other inspiration comes from this tape… https://youtu.be/IZVsBjXjsyA
the only tape I could get my hands on at the time living in the countryside. I sat with headphones on back in ‘94 while parents watched TV.
The Prodigy, DJ Narrows, and Mumdance serve as my other sources of pure, raw inspiration.

I’d love to create the same feeling that they created for me.

I’m glad I created something for you to enjoy at the start of your day. I’ll upload Side B soon. I plan on making it an actual cassette tape. Are you into those?

1 Like