My daughter's drum machine

I sampled my daughter’s drum machine and challenge you to create a banger with it to prove that gear doesn’t matter!

haha just kidding, but I would be interested in what you can do with it.

56 Likes

My beat would go :

Tiger-Tiger-Frog-Frog-Tiger-Octopus-Frog-Frog

33 Likes

Damn this Forum is so addictive, I don’t get anything done anymore.
I’m so close putting those samples on my Circuit Tracks and make a terminator rampage pattern with that.

24 Likes

Hey, not much worse than some drum racks I’ve heard :wink:

3 Likes

Do it.

3 Likes

I might if I could get the samples off this page
Any pointers?

1 Like

2 Likes

:sweat_smile:

I did figure it out tho…
You have to hit PLAY, then right click the play button.
Confusing, but I got it.

2 Likes

Oh boy. Just hoping you asked for her permission!

Just saying, if I found out my parent shared my favorite drum samples with a bunch of randos on the internet… :hot_face:

:bird: :tiger: :frog: :octopus:

19 Likes

Uh, I almost forgot how the Circuit Tracks works, but anyway … here’s something

73 Likes

Very early NiN

4 Likes

47 Likes

Baby’s first hate machine

35 Likes

100% samples from OP

42 Likes

thanks for the drum samples. it led to this quick drum & bass jaunt i put together on my front porch just now.

17 Likes

These were surprisingly fun to work with haha

19 Likes

Wanted to spend 30 minutes on these samples, finally got lost afternoon and evening.
Only your samples, mangled & sequenced in my Digitakt, then recorded live in FL Studio, with a default Maximus preset to enhance sound a bit.
Disclaimer: I totally suck at playing live. At least I tried, with covid in the body and some vodka in the brain :sweat_smile:

20 Likes

Brilliant idea, thank you so much for sharing the samples

I did a track on the Polyend Tracker using only the toy kit samples and nothing else and set myself the task of doing it in one evening.

It’s got one of those annoying PT glitches that can be hard to work out, but I’m uploading it as is in the spirit of the challenge I set myself.

11 Likes

Hey,
It was fun, this is my contribution, a kind of oldschool bigbeat cut:

All samples imported on Digitakt and edited inside. Only one pattern, and only 8 differents sounds.

9 Likes

Omg the tracks on this thread are better than any new records I’ve been hearing lately.

Surprising to say the least.

I don’t know if it proves anything about gear but it definitely shows what a focused set of samples and some determination can accomplish.

9 Likes