My cushy Syntakt pillow

my tiny studio starts to get a lot less light this time of year, so I’ve recently been bringing the Syntakt into the living room. It’s nice, but I found hunching over the coffee table to be less than comfortable. I mentioned that I was thinking of getting some sort of tilt stand for it to my friend, Maria, a couple nights ago. This morning she showed up with a gift. I’m just SO HAPPY with it. I can even lay on the sofa and put it on my lap, and It’s even got a couple loops for cable management! What a Pal!

77 Likes

Thats pretty smart, im always on the lookout for a stand that works well for the lounge. Does it sit well on the lap? Presumably gives some insulation from the heat

Tell Maria that she has a business with this.

5 Likes

Yeah, it definitely sits well on the lap. Nice and steady, no slipping around, and insulates as well. There’s a mix of pillow stuffing and bean bag material inside so it sits sturdily, but it’s not heavy. Maria looked at the specs online and made it sort of a pyramid design so it won’t go anywhere.

This is so much cosier than a laptop stand! Awesome stuff

I have a pretty awesome little adjustable tilt stand that I bought on etsy, but it wouldn’t go very well in my lap. This is a great idea and what a nice friend! Thanks for sharing the pics!

for reference:

unlappable :frowning:

2 Likes

I’d pay whatever she deems fair for an Octatrack-size version.

2 Likes

for your octatrack-size cat, of course.

2 Likes

Naturally. I’m sure one of my cats would commandeer it within 20 minutes of its arrival anyway. I guess I’ll need 3…

1 Like

She should call it the “Snuggy Dais” or “Snuggy Days” for the word play.

2 Likes

snugtakt.

5 Likes

My tilt stand was $15 on amazon, but doesn’t snuggle. That said, it sure makes the viewing angle so much better. Enjoy it.

Fantastic!

I made this mistake with my Digitakt a few years ago. Got into the music I was making, the next day I was walking around like an old man with my hand near permanently fixed to my lower back.

Good on ya with your make-shift stand!

4 Likes