Muzka - Some new tracks

Hi, made these tracks recently and was happy with them so thought id put them out into the wild :slight_smile:

Scan the System - Single by Muzka | Spotify

4 Likes

https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_k8WbgxgPdWlw0LfxCx2bFVouohbdodbsQ

1 Like

Enjoying this, mate!

1 Like

Thanks pete

1 Like

Bit nerdy but I’ll own it - brief liner notes would be interesting to get an idea of what you used etc

1 Like

Those tracks were bit of a mix and back and forth.

Some parts and loops were created using generative sequencers, synths and fx in ios and recorded in loopy pro.

They were fed through syntakt and with fx added then recorded into ableton as loops.

Some synth lines and bass were made with the uno synth pro I had for bit of analogue sound then recorded into ableton.

Then in ableton i sampled some drum loops and replaced parts with live drum sounds and synthesised sounds so I can take in and out parts. Tan these through more fx and made new loops etc

Used Softube juno and moog apps for some parts recording live melodies, pads, etc

Wrote some vocals, recorded them, add fx etc

Then do a rough live mix of parts and finally tidy up in daw timeline, mix down etc

Was while back that I finished these but was also putting loops into Octatrack to cut and jam. Not sure if any of these went through that process though

Mainly though it’s jamming and sequencing sounds in a variety of ways, compiling these then addeung new parts, ditching parts that don’t work etc. never being happy then finally mixing something down just to finish it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks! It’s funny, I don’t think I necessarily usually tend to consider how music was made whilst I’m listening to it unless I know the person who made it (although I’m always very interested to know other peoples’ processes).

I know you have (and have had) a range of hardware boxes and I was particularly intrigued to know if you went I to the DAW as “the finisher” or if you went straight from the boxes (or if a DAW played a part earlier on in the process too). All of the above, basically :sunglasses:

1 Like

Also I got a 404 mk2 recently so finishing tracks with the intention of using DJ mode to put together a beat tape type thing so once finished they’ll all be going into 404

1 Like

Nice! I was tempted to get a 404mk2 - and the DJ mode is definitely an appealing element. Overall they seem like a really well thought-out unit and a logical (and extensive) upgrade on the previous versions

1 Like

This is good stuff, especially enjoyed Love & Loss, when the beat kicks in it surprised me cus I didn’t see it going that direction after the intro but totally fits once it gets going. Good work!

2 Likes

electro breaks thing I have added, appreciate the comments above btw, thank you

https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kEKUWVZqpiArr6vJdqOqYy1FphN7JfUm8

My remix of Acid Nab - Say Something is out this week on Bandcamp and other places. Have a listen if a bit bored or feel free to ignore at your leisure :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Really enjoyed this. For whatever it’s worth, I don’t think it needs the vocal at all. There’s loads of interesting stuff going on with the track and for me the vocal almost detracts from that.

1 Like

Cheers Pete. Yeah had to sort of keep it in as was a remix and it was the main part but I agree my part is the best bit :wink:

1 Like

Ha! I’ve always been an advocate of the AFX Lemonheads remix approach where that stuff’s concerned

1 Like