Muting/unmuting multiple tracks at once is unreliable

When I had my DT this would always happen, it was part of the first batch from April/May 2017.

1 Like

BTW just submitted a ticket and also sent a link to this thread so they see I’m not alone with this issue.

7 Likes

Another person here having this problem :raising_hand_man:. I can’t reliably mute more than one track at a time esp during playback. It doesn’t seem to matter how hard a mash the buttons…

I hadn’t noticed this problem until somewhat recently but I’m not not sure if the problem appeared after an OS update… I don’t think the newest OS solves this issue (although I would need to verify that).

1 Like

I got my DT March 20th of this year

Best regards,

Gino

On my DT, if you press 8 trigs at the exact same time for mutes it misses a few trigs ~50% of the time.
The workaround is that I’ve already trained myself to roll my fingers so that I’m not hitting lots of trigs at the exact same time (plus it looks cool :)).

The number of times I mute 4-8 tracks is rare, so I’m really just more curious what’s causing this.

Tonight I want to test if this is also true for audio triggers on my DT.
I’ll set each trigger to the same sample start but different length, record hitting the 8 trigs at the same time, and see what shows up in the recording.

EDIT: OK - I just tested this, and audio trigs are perfect. No matter how many I press, they always work.
My guess is that it’s how often the mutes are polled by the key handler … just a guess.

Best regards,

Gino

I gave this a try when I got home and all 8 muted with no issues.
I did it 20 times and everything works as intended.
I purchased my DT last November.

1 Like

Been having this issue since 1.04

3 Likes

This happens on mine too. Purchased April 2018. I figured I just wasn’t pressing them correctly/hard enough/in time/whatever…

2 Likes

A couple days ago I got a reply from support, they said this has been passed to the engineers to look into. Let’s hope they do fix it in the next update!

3 Likes

I can confirm I have had this issue also since I updated to the latest OS. At first I thought I might have spilled something on the buttons or it collected a lot of dust…but this is probably happening because of some bug with the new OS.

1 Like

Just as a point of reference, I purchased my new Digitakt only a month ago, and I do not seem to have this issue.

I can mute/unmute any and all tracks simultaneously, even doing an 8-fingered mute/unmute and it consistently mutes/unmutes the intended tracks.

I am on OS 1.11

Have those reporting problems tried creating a new project and seeing if it still happens? Sometimes old projects can get weird.

Also make sure all sync is off, you aren’t using overbridge, nothing is connected via USB/MIDI, funny stuff happens when a lot is going on.

It happens on a fresh new project with no devices connected and with no sequence data.

I also encountered this problem, with older OS versions too. Bought mine in June 2017.

1 Like

I also have this issue… Happens nearly every time I try to unmute/mute more than 3 tracks at once.

2 Likes

I don’t have this problem, can mute/unmute any number of track without problem.

I have the same problem on my OT MK2.

1 Like

Same :yum:

That’s definitely not true, because other operations with multiple trigs works perfectly.

Which ones? Adding and removing multiple trigs at once also has issues for me