Muting CUE outs

Hey guys a quick question hopefully…I am planning to use the Analog Heat on the CUE outputs in NORMAL mode however it doesn’t seem possible to mute CUED tracks in this mode? This may force me to use STUDIO mode and just the MAIN and CUE levels accordingly bit it’s not as convenient as just pressing CUE + track whilst jamming.

Is there a way of muting the CUE tracks if I need your whilst jamming? I know I can use scenes or volume but it’s really messy.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Cue+Track button would change whether or not the track gets sent to the cue outs (in normal mode), so as long as you have the track muted already (so it’s not sent to master/track 8), the track should mute itself when un-cueing… unless I misunderstand you. Unfortunately, using the step sequencer buttons in Mute or Mixer mode won’t affect track cue routing, if that’s what you’re trying to do (in normal mode at least, I don’t use studio).

1 Like

Thanks for the reply mate. Yeah you kind of misunderstand buddy but you’ve answered my queation. When jamming it would be nice to send individual tracks to Heat whilst keeping some tracks clean, using Cue as an FX send. However doing this I cannot mute those tracks audio (say if I wants to create a breakdown or whatever). I guess il have to use studio mode

Studio mode is indeed your best solution for using the cue outs as an aux send of sorts.

1 Like

I don’t understand completely… So I’ll just say:
In normal mode, mains and cues can be muted/unmuted completly independantly…
Function+track mutes/unmutes mains, cue+track mutes/unmutes cues…

There’s also a “cue mutes track” option in the personalize menu so if a track is sent to mains and you cue it, it is sent to cues and muted from mains. This is what I use for external fx on cues…
Edit: If using this option and mains are muted already, muting/unmuting cues leaves mains muted…

4 Likes

In simple terms mate…when you have audio going through CUE in NORMAL mode…you can’t mute the audio in the same way you can normally (ie using trig mutes or function + track).

CUE + track doesn’t mute the audio, it just sends it back to MAIN

I was looking for the same workflow as the OP and I found that muting cued tracks works only in the studio mode.

I mute/unmute things from cue and main all day long in normal mode just as I said two replies up…
This might help for some uses…

The desired behavior is that muting a track causes the signal that is sent to the CUE outputs to be silent.
What your quote describes is just that cueing a track mutes it on the MASTER output in normal mode, but then the signal is still being sent to the CUE output, i.e. muting does not affect the CUE output.

But then you can just use Cue + Track to mute the cue?

I tend to leave it in Normal mode and use scenes to cut main/cue output when using extenal fx’s.

Yes, cue+track mutes cue, cue+track again unmutes cue…
Always, no matter if “cue mutes track” is enabled or not, it’s all described six posts up… :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK, my bad I am convinced now (will try when I get back from work).

Edit: So I had another look. lescour1 did put it right IMO. When you are in normal mode and then go to the mixer section, muting tracks there does not affect the signal that is going through the cue output connectors. At least not for me - I reckon this behavior is exactly what the studio mode is meant for. You’d use studio mode when you want to record mutes during a performance to the multiple outputs and the normal mode if you want to use a send effect or headphone monitoring as a DJ.