Muting another track also mutes the focused track?

Hi there,

I may just be silly today but I noticed something a bit annoying…

Running OS 1.25E (for safe Octaedit use),

I don’t remember recently messing with the System/Personalize menu, but it seems the parameter “MUTE FOCUSES TRACK” was unchecked today and it made me realize something:

• Whatever option I choose (MUTE FOCUSES TRACK ON or OFF),

THEN muting a track with the Mixer page will also mute the focused track… WTF!!! Is it “normal” behavior? (and un-muting will also un-mute the 2 tracks!!! it’s like there is a ghost link in there…)

• If I check MUTE FOCUSES TRACK on,

then I can use FUNC+TRACK (buttons around screen) to mute a track and it won’t mute the focused track (but will change focus, as the option’s goal)

but if using the Mixer page, the same behavior occurs : muting a track also mutes the focused track!!!

Is it possible to have a normal track mute behavior, without focusing the muted track, neither also-muting the focused track???

For now I always have used the FUNC+TRACK method and it’s quite useable, but having the muted track becoming the focus track is always a bit annoying, gotta quick re-focus the track I want to be focused… (absolutely problematic when speaking of a track that needs to be focused like a pickup machine)…

And I just realised that using the Mixer Page was even more un-usable because of this unwanted muting of the focused track…

I hope I’m clear, because this confuses me a lot ah ah!!!

And I hope you guys have a tip for me :smiley:

Cheers

Are you sure you’re not sending and receiving midi on auto channel ?
With Mute Focus Track it select the track when Mute Unmute with Fn + Trk, with Mixer mode and pressing trigs it has a normal behaviour for me (the focused track keep focused).

J’aime pas les focus. :pl:

1 Like

hey thanks for the help,

I’m pretty sure no MIDI was used when I noticed this behavior, but my OT was still hooked to my DAW (not playing anything) so I gotta check further…

strange to see this behavior also with the Mixer mutes… I’m also pretty sure this kinda new, and must be related to some stuff I did in there… MIDI from DAW seems the obvious, I’ll check for sure!

Cheers

Ok, I checked again and NO MIDI is sent from the DAW to OT,

still same behavior…

anyone?

I didn’t have problems with Mute Focuses. I tested after your post.
I didn’t like it so i didn’t fo further.
Same behaviour if you unplug all midi cables ?