Mutes in scenes?

A workaround I use is to use scenes as mutes. Just plock volume under AMP (and LFO if it’s been assigned to volume).
CC92 I believe, value 0-11 for scene 1-12.

1 Like

I would also like to see mutes per pattern to make forming a song structure easier
maybe Something that could work is when in mute mode pressing page could swap mute modes
from the green mute mode to the yellow
It works so well on the digis would be great to get it ported to the analog series as well

1 Like

Already there in song mode :slight_smile:

not much use if you have it receive program changes for patterns from the octatrack…
could mute and unmute differnet patterns without having to delete them

we already have trig mutes why not hit the pads to mute the whole lot
the top tier analogs get less attention than the digi series…
sound locks dont even work! cmon bro!

1 Like

Could you explain this? I’ve not had experience with sound locks not working… but I don’t use them much so I’ve probably missed something.

Yeah they don’t work on the Rytm just try for yourself

Still not sure what makes you say they don’t work. Here’s two tracks of them:

As I understand it, you can sound lock sounds which would ordinarily play on that track, but not sounds which couldn’t. So, sounds the kick machines can play, will sound lock fine on the bottom row (for example); sounds which the hi-hat machines can play will sound lock on tracks 9 & 10.

the location of the samples gets messed up when trying to use multiple sounds…
It remembers the location the sounds where saved on,

So when you load a bunch of sounds into the pool it doesn’t find the correct sample…
I’ve tried and tested it a long time ago… it’s been confirmed…
It works correctly on the digitakt which I also tested…

The analog sounds work the samples don’t

1 Like

I understand now. Thanks.

I’m not sure this is a problem with sound locks, specifically. This looks, to me, like a side effect of the way Sounds use Samples. Sounds address the Sample Slot, not the Sample itself (as you say) so any work that involves reusing a Sample between Projects means loading the Sample into the same slot in the 2nd project. You’d face this problem whether you used sound locks or not.

1 Like

It doesn’t work like that on the digitakt