Mute digitone tracks from octatrack?

Hey all,

I swear I’ve done this before but I can’t for the life of me figure out how. My goal is that when I’m in mixer mode on the octatrack, that I can mute individual tracks on the digitone by muting midi track 1-4.

In my current setup, the octa sends clock and program change, I have the octa’s audio tracks set to midi off, and the midi tracks are 1-8. I’m using the digitone’s sequencer to sequence itself. I have the digitone mute dst set to int+ext.

I’ve followed this video but I can’t seem to get it to work: Setting up Digitakt+Digitone combo (and 10 minutes of noodling) - YouTube

What else do I need to set?

The MIDI track mute buttons on Octatrack can transmit (and respond to) the CC messages here

On Digitone, track mute is CC 94 on the assigned MIDI channel. So you’ve got a gap: you need to turn your 112, 113, 114 and 115 messages into CC 94. If you have a device in the middle for midi processing (for eg. MIDIHub) you could set up this mapping pretty straightforwardly. But otherwise, I don’t think it will be possible to do this directly from Octatrack track mutes.

Your other option is to sequence the Digitone on the Octatrack instead, then muting that MIDI track = muting the Digitone, but that might not work for you if you want to use the Digitone’s sequencer.

2 Likes

I’d also use a midi processor for that, or an another midi controller.

A solution using the 8 OT midi tracks :