Mute all Bassdrums

Hello there,

sorry at first for my bad english.

i have checked german forums but not really successful.

I have the following Setup

Digitakt (Master)
Analog Rytm Mk1
Korg EMX

When i mute Track 1 in the Digitakt, Track 1 in the AR mutes too. thats fine… but i want to mute Drum Part 1 in the EMX too.

Program Change is activated in all 3 Machines but it doesn’t work.

Changing Patterns together works very fine between all machines.

I have no deeper knowledge about Midi an hope so much anybody can help me here.

thank you all

Would be a control change as opposed to program change. Look up how to send and receive cc values on boxes.

I have checked the midichart from the emx and i think (Not sure) its cc38.

But how is the process, how does it work that the elektron sends the right cc‘s?

Thank u

Elektron uses CC 94 for mutes across their product range, so that’s why it works between their boxes.

Ok thanks. Is it possible to change the cc‘s in one of the boxes?

And Second, is it possible the mute function with more devices only for the First Track to use?

You can’t change what CC’s are sent when muting, not sure what you mean for your 2nd question.

Ok Thank u for this!

My Second question is…

I Can Switch between „mute all elektron Gear“ with one Button or „mute each device Single“!

But is it possible When i have Switched to „mute all gear“ that only Track one mute to all gear and the other Tracks Can only muted at the device at Self?

I Hope u Can Understand me… sorry for my Bad english skills

Not on the boxes itself. But you can use an external MIDI processor to translate an incoming CC to another outgoing CC.

There are many posts here on this forum about MIDI processors. Use the search function or start here:

One of the most sophisticated standalone solutions (but not cheap) is the BomeBox, which also works a MIDI router and more. The company which makes the BomeBox also provides the MIDI processor software for Windows/macOS with a free trial to test it.

2 Likes