Musique shop - any experiences?

Just be prepared for an answer that will possibly anger you, even if they provide what you want.

long anecdotal response

I bought something on ebay recently that only used a “stock image” for the listing, and it was a product which might look different every time you buy it because it was not a synth or something made in a factory.

So I thought it was reasonable (after having paid for it already) to ask for a picture of the actual product they were going to send me. I sent the message and waited… almost a week. No response. Then I decided this is long enough, I’ll message them again to see wtf is going on.

I received back a very rude communication saying that they don’t normally do that (picture) because it takes “time”, and that their feedback is proof that their product is good. Then they went on to say that they had miscounted their inventory, and the product was not in stock, but they would have more produced in 3 days :roll_eyes: and after the product was ready they would “make an exception” and send me a photo.

I was realllly heated, like immediately ready to leave them bad feedback if anything went wrong, but I just calmed myself down and thought at this point it’s not going to change anything to fight with the person who hasn’t even sent the product yet.

In the end, they did send the pictures after 3 days, and the product was fine. When I received it the quality was good. When I looked at their feedback (they did have a lot) it was similar to this business in question, fighting with customers in the feedback replies and it was clear their business was important to them, but their customer rapport was f*cking terrible. If I had known they were these kind of people, I would have probably thought twice before making a “buy it now” purchase, especially because the item it said was in stock, wasn’t even in stock or produced yet and then I had to wait on their production schedules even though they made the error, not me.

Just saying, the lesson is to be prepared for an answer that will make you angry, or someone who will act insulted about your request. If they fulfill the request, try not to let your feelings about the tone of their response influence your decision about purchase, let the reality of the situation in who you are dealing with and if the product is worth it be your judge. That’s probably the best I can say about these type of “abrasive” customer support situations.

2 Likes

About French sites, from my experience, woodbrass is OK ( got my my first elektron, a DT from them), Paul Beusher is well known too but their prices are rarely interesting IMO.

But most of the time thomann is the one who gets my money

1 Like

Then walk away.
Simple.

Online shops that appear dodgy, are dodgy.

2 Likes

I wanted to buy a synth there two weeks ago, but after reading the french reviews (no stock) I walked away. Could have saved around 100 Euros, but not worth the risk IMHO.

1 Like

call them!

1 Like

So, they contacted me through whatsapp just now and recorded a few videos of the shop and the synth :slight_smile: Very communicative. Explained that a lo of people don’t pay attention o the exact date things are available etc. I mean, I get that, but if so many have that problem it’s time to update the website… Synth can be send today when I order today.

Think I’ll take the plunge. Seems legit to me, and if worse comes to worse, I’ll take the 6 hour drive and take their demo model with me ;).

3 Likes

Isn’t chargeback on cc’s there for this purpose? Ie if you don’t get what you’re paying for apply for a charge back and let them deal with defending themselves against their payment processor?

Just have enough evidence to back up your claim…

1 Like

Allright keep us updated!

1 Like

Order placed, and confirmed through whatsapp.
Minutes later a photo with the box and a confirmation in mail.

3 Likes

Thank God man, good luck and hope it works out for the best. To me, sounds like regardless of the past truths, business has been suffering and they’re looking for a sale so they probably want to make sure this one works out. Let us know the outcome, international mail is slow, but not that slow! You should have it on your desk soon I think. Most encouraging is the open communication, glad it wasn’t like my shit experiences with shops that value their own opinions of themselves more than their customer’s experience.

1 Like

Now there’s officially a package handed over to DPD.

Let’s hope it’s the motorsynth :speak_no_evil:

Honestly though, great service so far. Seemed like they like to get a positive review so I’m glad I reached out to them. The normal price for the synth was just too much for me to swallow but ever since I saw it on superbooth 2022 it has been on my mind as a “someday maybe” purchase. This shop has it on sale with a total of 22% discount which seems rather ridiculous but apparently it’s true :man_shrugging:. He said he had 2 in stock. So I’ll show some proof once I have it in my hands, in case someone wants to snatch the other one.

Now, I just hope I don’t get delivered a spoon…

1 Like

Let’s hope it’s not :

IMG_6404

2 Likes

It’s here :).

Packaging was great, communication was great as well. So no complaints. :+1:

9 Likes

Any pics?

1 Like

It really is a beautiful synth.

3 Likes

Beautiful! Can’t wait for some snippets in the Current thread.

1 Like

Yeah will post some :). Have been putting off posting more there ever since that one person started to steal people’s snippets. :grimacing:

3 Likes

Glad the shop worked out. That synth looks so cool. I’ve only heard a couple bits and pieces on the internet and never saw one in person.

Off topic question

So people were/are stealing snippets from Current Sounds? That’s so sad and lame and infuriating… Was there another thread where that was discussed? If it was in Current Sounds I didn’t catch that.

1 Like

There was a dedicated post about it. Really sad indeed and quite a bizarre story as well. It was just one person, but it did make me more worried about sharing random noises. Maybe irrational, but myeah….

@lowph here’s the topic : This guy is stealing our uploads and claiming them as his own

1 Like

I’ve wondered what happened with that person, or if he even really existed. Obviously, someone was committing the theft, but was the person identified just another case of identity theft by the person responsible? Really bothered me. I haven’t been posting much of anything since then either, not that anyone is really hot to steal my stuff but it’s just the idea of it is unnerving.

1 Like