Music Tribe partner with Andertons

Yes, Anderton’s service is great, and delivery fast. Also, they use DPD which is the best courier service IMO. Prices not always the cheapest, but near enough usually.

They often lack ‘boutique’ stuff though, e.g. nothing by Erica (not even DB-01) or SOMA (not even Lyra 8).

Also, if you pre-order, they charge you full amount at time off order, unlike Thomann who only charge you when order ships.

Andertons don’t appear to be a megastore like Thomann and Sweetwater though. Not sure it’s in the 10 biggest stores in the UK for music gear as they never seem to have what I want, or at the right price and rarely come up in my search results. I might be wrong though, so happy to be corrected.

Saw elsewhere that the Canadian partner is also a smaller outfit, so either they’re going to use an off site warehouse, or maybe clear out other stuff to make way for the entire range of Behringer gear.

The only good news I can see from this so far is that the entire portfolio of it’s products will become available in this country, whereas we usually had to buy from Thomann or elsewhere if we wanted something specific.

Saying that though, i’ve never owned any of it’s gear. I might be tempted with a drum or bass machine, a synth or maybe a cheap mic, but will see where all this leads. I don’t want to support brands that go against my morals, but they do make gear for a price that most can afford and remake classic gear that i’d love to own but can’t afford originals of, so it’s finding the right balance.

Yeah good point. The synth section at the back of the store is tiny, most of the shop is guitars and amps. But I think they do a lot of online business.

1 Like

I think they have a huge mailing list, I always get emails from them, more so than other retailers by far.

1 Like

They don’t usually come up in that ad/shopping box right at the top of search results, but they are often 2nd or 3rd in my normal (non-ad) results. So I guess they don’t bid for ads at the top, but they still have good SEO and features fairly prominently in my search results (might be because I’ve visited the site often)

1 Like

Probably akin to the iceberg analogy then. I looked on Google maps and it doesn’t appear to be a big shop, but maybe they have a warehouse elsewhere.

Sorry for the link beeing in german :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was talking to my sales engineer at Sweetwater which is another B “super partner”.

Was told one primary reason B wanted to make this change was to reduce and simplify the number of contacts they had for making sales. In addition there will also be better information flow in the reverse direction, so that Behringer gets more information faster and can stay closer to customers interests.

1 Like