Music memes

I got to play at a gig with Sleazy once in 2001, not playing together, just both played at the same event. Just a sparsely attended noise show in Massachusetts. He seemed like a cool guy, super mellow. I did my best not to act star struck. Him and the other cool guys who played let me tag along for a fun and mildly unsavory night.
Briefly met genesis a few years later, not quite as fun.

5 Likes

This picture was actually made as a a promo shot and sent to Roland for a sponsorship deal.
But guess what. Not popular enough I guess… And militant looking, too
Btw.: Chris Carter, inventor of “The Gristleizer” (a DIY effects unit he made for TG back in the day, among others) made in cooporation with Futur Sound Systems a couple of eurorack modules some years ago.

1 Like

[I actually love it. [IM DEAD :grimacing:]]

16 Likes

Haha, since I come from Hamburg in Germany back in the time I used to think Hamburger Lady was about a girl from my city. Well, until I found out the ugly truth …

4 Likes

They actually invented it, for their label “Industrial Records” was the namesake for the genre.

1 Like

I was lucky enough to see them at Primavera in 2008, the only trouble was they clashed perfectly with Mission of Burma and they were both my main reasons for going so I only ended up seeing bits of each. Still great though.

1 Like

36 Likes

50 Likes

If you know, you know :joy:

Wow. That’s a great version. Sad/beautiful to see Jhon Balance there in the front getting into it, knowing he’s be gone a few months later.

3 Likes

He was evidently very into it - and out of it - and visibly so to everyone in the audience as the lights were kept on throughout the event, which TG said was not really a gig, more a live recording in front of an audience in the same way that Heathen Earth wasn’t a live album.

2 Likes

#rickroll2.0

This official version?

That would be a DARK national anthem.

3 Likes

Found on Anafrog.com
Anafrog • Behringer VCS3 - Page 4
An Synthi sent for maintenance by a surely funny owner.

11 Likes

I saw Throbbing Gristle live back in 1979. Didnt really dig them as much as the other Sheffield groups. But they did capture that claustraphobic council estate feel a lot of them were trying to escape from. They were my wild days where anything goes(and went thankfully).

5 Likes

71 Likes

I’d dance to it (and have…)

1 Like

Hackney all the way!

But I would have loved to have seen them then.

1 Like

Hehe. I remember the rivalry well.

1 Like

56 Likes