Music memes

I can sort of remeber Loftgroover spinning some stuff like Nirvana - Negative Creep, Wu Tang - 7th Chamber and a load of Ministry in a gabber style. that stuff was bonkers.

1 Like

32 Likes

:rofl:

13 Likes

17 Likes

what a beast of a man lol

1 Like

I’ve probably played Throbbing Gristle or similar on a CD player exactly like that…

6 Likes

haha never heard of 'em … did they make noise (or “experimental”) popular or something? listening to their stuff right now and wtf :smiley:

Check out Hamburger Lady, discipline, then hot on the heels of love. In that order.

What I wouldn’t give to hear TG for the first time all over again.

12 Likes

must have been fun to take acid with those throbbing faces :smiley:

8 Likes

Notorious, more like.

I blurted out how excited I was that Throbbing Gristle were reforming during after work drinks at my boss’s house once - the looks on my colleague’s faces were priceless.

At least one of them later got quite into TG and Coil, mind, so it was a successful faux pas.

7 Likes

for some reason, I’ve actually never really given them a proper chance. even though I’ve known friends who love 'em and recommended 'em.

a band after my own heart with the SH5 and SH7 though:

8 Likes

Yeah, I remember one of my old bosses was into some pretty decent stuff. Started talking about TG, then I got a bit brave and mentioned how I’m quite a big Whitehouse fan…went a bit quiet for about 18 months.

6 Likes

I was so chuffed when I got my SH-1 to sound like Chris Carter’s synths on parts of Heathen Earth.

Holy hell what a great setup. Would love too have seen them live.

Incredible picture. Thank you for posting.

Synths into amps needs to come the hell back (if that is whats going on there…I see two guitars only)

1 Like

I’ve been meaning to buy an amp for my synths, for years. I find them overwhelming. How do I choose one? There’s a good RebBull Academy interview with Andrew Weatherall in which he talks about doing this a lot to “give it some air”.

Here’s a segment, but there’s a longer version…

(Actually, my synth cave sounds like flangey garbage, I’d better not)

1 Like

I was at this gig, though there were more Macbooks involved by then:

9 Likes

6 Marshall amps. 3x2. With Marshall tube preamps. And an Analog Heat. Should be enough to get kicked out of town :sweat_smile: Obviously I have no clue. But it should do the trick!

1 Like

Envy. They disbanded while on the tour a week before their announced gig here in Prague.
I like their comeback output - TG Now and Part Two: The Endless Not

(But I saw Psychic TV twice and for me most importantly Coil)

5 Likes