Music memes (Part 1)

Flagwankers

7 Likes

well, he took a joke that applied to everybody (octa confusing) and for no reason decided to make it about how oh god millenials are so lazy and incompetent. that’s like what, 30-40% of elektrons userbase? the FAQ - Elektronauts exists so anyone can come here and feel included. you think it shouldn’t be flagged? there should just be a paper trail of jokes about whole groups of people floating around here?

exactly

2 Likes

I havent been on elektronauts much lately - can you point me to the ableist thing? genuinely want to see

I’m reminded of this meme. I love all my 'nauts, but we can all find different things funny and not funny based on our own experiences. I’m also technically a millennial and couldn’t care less.

14 Likes

Make some gen X jokes, see how many flags it won’t get.

17 Likes

Even Brexit voters?

Seriously though, it’s just a shit joke. I don’t like all the intergenerational bullshit but I think it’s being stretched a bit to lump it in with more offensive/discriminatory shit.

Go take a wander through the ADHD thread, there’s some rotten shit been spouted in there.

3 Likes

So I agree with your defense of folks with ADHD - I myself have it, and many of my friends - but I think what’s different about the post you quoted is that it was a good faith argument by someone trying to explain themselves and contribute a conversation. It’s frustrating that so many people have that “ADHD is over diagnosed, you can just overcome it” stance, but it’s a totally different spirit than “lol this whole group of people is stupid”. Thats probably why a post like that doesn’t get flagged

The paradox of utopia.

I dunno.

I’m just about a millennial. Couldn’t give a shit about people moaning/taking the piss out of millennials, because it isn’t a real thing.

There’s not really such a thing as a millennial, so how can anyone possibly be hurt by it.

Telling someone their ADHD isn’t real, or because of food colourings or whatever is deeply fucking offensive.

9 Likes

agreed on this… still get in arguments with my family about it.

i know this is the meme thread and we’re on a big detour but i still think the millenial thing is a problem. yeah yeah thick skin, ignore it, but i’m pretty tired of seeing headlines about how millennials are to blame for wasting their money, or not spending enough of their money, or whatever. as long as other people wanna talk shit about millenials then they’re gonna have to endure listening to other peoples’ feelings, too

1 Like

This whole identity politics grouping of people is every bit as credible as astrology. People cling to that too.

7 Likes

I don’t know. To my understanding, it only takes 1 flag(secret) to have the post be marked as Flagged.

Despite my personal inclinations, I still wouldn’t put money on that wager

Here’s a meme

8 Likes

I wanna heart the reply, but then you might think I thought your meme was funny, which I don’t, mandolin head is a serious condition and not to be joked about.

16 Likes

Yeah, but in this case nobody will say anything because Amanda Lynn is a millennial. Such a double standard

4 Likes

I only know Amber and Ginger.

:airplane:

3 Likes

Its not real, it’s just food colouring

4 Likes

Next time my wife talks about the sexism she’s experienced in her life, or when my black friends talk about the racism they’ve suffered/witnessed throughout theirs, at least I can come back to them and say “I know how you feel, this guy on the internet made a millennial joke”…

I’ll stop now.

17 Likes

Blockquote

Lyre!

5 Likes

I was just stringing Ryan along.

3 Likes

When Finn sees a stick of dynamite, “I mean, how often does one come across this WHILE carrying a pack of matches?! It would be a shame NOT to light it!”

3 Likes