Music memes (Part 1)

Not casting any aspersions on any fellow ‘Naut but in the UK a mug is a term used to describe someone gullible, especially in reference to buying stuff. Sometimes called a Mug Punter. Can’t explain the image on the mug tho

Also if someone has been ripped off you might say they’ve been mugged off. Obv there’s a connection here to being mugged, ie relieved of your possessions

4 Likes

see above image of tchu calling himself a mug. I don’t want to explain the whole joke. it’s no longer funny when people take it as an attack on someone who I clearly like and am not slighting or insulting in any way by using his name or avatar. but I will stop if that’s the general concensus that it’s not funny.

6 Likes

Tried looking for the thread, didn’t find it. Didn’t get the reference and asked for a clarification instead of flagging etc.

@Bunker Not a native English person myself but gullible/stupid is the way I understand the term mug.

Like I said, just wanted to make sure @Tchu is in on the joke.

6 Likes

jfc, lol.

It’s like a meme grenade. Pull the pin, throw it, wait……

3 Likes

i understand, I’m not here to be a jerk or hurt people in any way. the thread is “new 3rd model based on digitone?”.

here is the short version. anger. arguing. kid wants a model cycles that is a digitone. fin joke. anger. name calling. tchu drops a hilarious meme. more anger. flag flag flag. thread lock. the end.

9 Likes

I just read it as a bit of self-deprecating humour, something we’re quite good at here in the UK. I don’t think it tends to travel well tho?

1 Like

Liking the short version. Movie in the making? Who’d play @Fin25? Who’d play @Tchu?

4 Likes

fin is tom hiddleston tchu is played by a mug :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Obviously.

3 Likes

I think @Fin25 would be played by a sweary Richard Wilson. I mean that in the nicest possible way too

7 Likes

I think @Fin25 and @Tchu can play themselves but tchu must dress as a mug

5 Likes

And that’s how you bring a conversation a full circle. Well done! :smile:

4 Likes

I’ve had shits bigger than Tom Hiddleston.

2 Likes

tom shittleston

4 Likes

Two Toms, one mug

5 Likes

oh my god someone still remembers that awful dark period in internet history…

two fins one mug

3 Likes

Reminds me of this musical about guitar pedals.

1 Like

is this real??

how did I know this would not happen without jhs bankrolling it.

To be fair, the video was brightly lit.

1 Like

We might have had some misconseptions about guitar pedals…

1 Like