Music is dying

Respect. :pray:

2 Likes

This may be the stupidest, most unintelligible video I have ever seen on YouTube :grin:

:joy: :laughing: You nailed it. I don’t DJ, for live work, only play my band’s stuff, but getting the young generation dancing is a ton of fun.

3 Likes

If I can get people dancing to my beats on the dance floor then I am on the right track. Lots of bass and heavy kick/snare drums and pads.

Making kids dance is helluva difficult… really short attention spans, cellphones etc. When I was young it was normal to go to a club, get on the dancefloor, dance 6 hours straight minus some short refreshment/toilet breaks. Nowadays people dance for a minute, look at their cellphones all the time, leave the floor the second they don’t recognize the song being played.

Underground events are better though, people still dance there.

3 Likes

Is all music beautiful? yes.
even if shit.
even if I hate, and it make me want puke red.
still is beautiful.
Have some human made. Have spent time bring this opus to ears.
Even if make the blood ears.
Beautiful.

Some days even is made by robots and computers alone.
Still is beautiful.
Every genre of purposeful tones and noise.
Alive. Throbbing!
Beautiful.

Anyone tell you otherwise, is deaf maybe.
Or unimaginative.

Yes Yes Yes Music!

2 Likes

Frank Zappa had some thoughts on why the music industry puts out crap now.

Bieber is a better drummer than Ringo :grin:

… still worth 20 minutes

On the internet? No way! I need my youtubes in 2 min or less. :rofl:

Seriously tho - people have been having these complaints for as long as pop music has existed, and likely even before.
Jazz killed music when it came out too.

2 Likes

Yes! Even if the maker by motivated by money or whatever, fuck it, just keep making music for whatever reason you can dig up!

1 Like

I think we’d all feel the same way if we were in a den full of yonis… :joy:

2 Likes

I take exception to your diss of Drake. That man started from the bottom.

2 Likes

Old or distilled people will always say this about everything. Sports, music, politics and mostly shit I couldn’t care less about. I’m still here and making music, it’ll die when I do.

1 Like

Everything lives

The sky is falling

n. e. r. d.

1 Like

Yeah but it’s a kind of obvious statement to make, plus it totally ignores loads of the nuances of contemporary pop. The behind the scenes notes and pics from Charli XCX’s recent mixtapes look like a total blast, cannonball sessions with AG+friends producing but highly collaborative and always with her at the helm of creative direction. Carly Rae Jepsen started out on Canadian idol, had a mega hit with the dumbest song ever and then went on to make one of the most exciting pop albums of the decade, with a roster of incredible names behind the scenes and like 300 unreleased tracks. Where do these artists fit in Dave Grohl’s reductive mould? Just sounds like another old man yelling at clouds to me.

RUN THE JEWELS has definately injected life back into hip hop…

2 Likes

De La Soul …

It reminds me of the time when Laurent Garnier won the “Victoires de la musiques” (kind of like the Grammys in France) in 1998. Techno at the time wasn’t well received by the general public (it still isn’t in a way but I assume it was worse at the time).
Since the show was live, there needed to be live musician, but the technician and musicians were really disrespectful. When the orchestra got the charts they were laughing like “that’s all we got to play”. But apparently they had a lot of trouble keeping a straight rythm from beginning to end so they stopped laughing.

Moral of the story : it’s not because you don’t like something that it’s bad, or lesser than what you like. It’s the most common cognitive bias out there, and it’s pretty hard to fight, but if you do, you’ll learn to appreciate things more (not exclusive to music).

We live in the most exciting times for music. Making music is more accessible than ever, and there are thousands (if not millions) of artists out there putting out tracks. So whatever your taste are, you’ll always find new music that fits you.
Also, you can say what you want about pop music, there’s always that one song that you’ll never admit that you like, but you still bob your head whenever you hear it.

2 Likes