Music is dying

tom ravenscroft (john peels son) does a regular show , mary ann hobbs , nemone , tom robinson , don letts all have interesting shows on radio6.

i can even endure a full giles peterson show sometimes , despite the noodly pretentious jazz , spoken word and world music he plays sometimes

1 Like

there has never been more good music than right now. all the music recorded is still available and new stuff is being released. you just gotta filter out more

6 Likes

Or one can have watched the video, and react the same way a number of people have in the thread have. What everyone takes away from the video is different.

IMO, This video did not present any in-depth analysis or concept that hasnā€™t been discussed many times over. By many generations of music fans. And ultimately itā€™s subjective mostly, not scientific analysis. Though the video does try to present the info in a well throughout and analyzed manner.

Psychological testing on older individuals shows that as production of dopamine and endorphins lessen in older individuals the same feelings music brought when younger are more difficult for the brain to recreate. Thus, we tend to like less newer music as we become older.

1 Like

Yeah, remember when music was more alive over 30 years ago?

9 Likes

iā€™m nearly 48 , still going through new music , genreā€™s , artists and things.
not sure Grime or Trap are worthy of anyones time , and i get annoyed when much of the world think electronic music started with EDM and skrillex , but otherwise theres a lot of good innovative music still coming out , and a lot of derivative pointless stuff being made too , someone must like it thoughā€¦

not much different to 10 years ago, 20 years ago , 30 years ago .

I skimmed through the video , i may have missed the finer discussion points but iā€™m not too fussed ā€¦ i tend to like genreā€™s that arent so mainstream , more electronic / less vocal/song based.

30 years old too. still sounding great.

2 Likes

To flip everything on its head sometimes my head starts bobbing to music the intellectual part of me thinks is crap, but I strangely like it! Thereā€™s something about a catchy pop song, even if you try to fight itā€¦
Haha, I digressā€¦

3 Likes

can i admit to liking kylie minogue ā€˜slowā€™
great bassline.

1 Like

Is it me or she singing WAY off key?
Sounds very SH101 ish that bassā€¦ never a bad thing

1 Like

Product vs Self Expression? Eventually people begin to see through the facade where they find a hollow core with no substance as opposed to music made of pure substance.

2 Likes

he was just referring to some pop music, music has never been this alive, planet is booming

that humanoid track , thought i heard the n son x humanoid sample before :smiley: cheers for that one ā€¦

Hmmmm
I need a hug.
Dave, hit it!

18 Likes

Yeahā€¦ This is just silly.

3 Likes

Indie music is thriving and underground scene is growing. Lots of cool stuff here in San Diego and I am working on my first EP/album. It is more online now than ever before.

ill keep kicking the dead horse

Nirvana, Ā« biggest band of the world Ā». Dave is so humble :joy::sweat:

4 Likes

Thereā€™s more high quality music now than at any other time in history.

4 Likes

Recorded music, when played uninterrupted from start to finish, has always been ā€deadā€.

What was the question again? You already lost me @ millenial whoop (old news)

netcraft confirms

How can you say music is dying when thereā€™s such future classics as this being released ā€¦

wow.took song writing to a new level.could be the new Beatles :grin: