Music box for TOTAL beginner

Second hand Model:Cycles (or Samples). Six great mono sequencers, some useful send FX and plenty of hands on sound creation abilities for a beginner to really get in there.

8 Likes

Yeah. I think the Circuit Tracks would be great but somehow I think it looks quite intimidating.

The model samples looks friendlier.

I think it has to be new as it’s a gift. Seems crap giving someone second hand for birthday to me.

1 Like

£200 is $280 USD…

So that’s $10 above budget.

1 Like

I think the MC 101 is great, cause you have plenty of sounds to explore as a beginner and everything is ready to start. Why don’t you ask some friends of her and get some money together?

Fait to assume she has a computer? Buy a controller and start with reason…you should be able to find a controller that includes reason lite for free.

Yeah, I totally agree, was just the cost factor that seemed prohibitive.

Anyways, a second hand circuit would be really cool and should fall into that price segment. A friend of mine has one that he uses for our jam sessions, and I’ve borrowed it at times. Have to say it’s really immediate, and really fun, though the synth voices could be a bit more exciting. But if she can’t learn that piece of kit and get some inspiration to move further with production, maybe the fire isn’t burning that intensely.

Oops my bad, didn’t even notice he was talking in pounds :sweat_smile:

Also it might be interesting to not only consider the budget: is she interesting into making beats? synths? full tracks? slicing? mangling? sequencing?

PS: if i compare to Euro zone, prices are generally way cheaper in US.

1 Like

Just ordered model samples.

A bit more than I wanted to spend but I think it’s probably the best starting point.

Cheers

14 Likes

Get a digitone.

You are a good friend and I bet she’ll do good things with it.

Thanks. I hope so! Maybe I’ll finally have someone to jam with!!

1 Like

I wish i was so quick to take decisions :wink:

Nice one and she’ll be in the elektron family. In two years she shall thank you on the cover of the record she’ll have done with an OT+Digitone+MS :wink:

1 Like

You made the right choice.

If you really loved her you would have gotten a monomachine.