Munro Sonic Egg monitors

It’s scrambled the thread tbh

4 Likes

Omelette y’all off the hook and make my eggxit.

3 Likes

Whoever does the first Headhunter remix on these wins the future EGG thread (and internet…)

3 Likes

Waiting to hear the first album(in) mixed (scrambled?) with these

2 Likes

Please!

7 Likes
8 Likes

Are you aware of the fact that after the Egg, Chickens came?

Absolutely. They even come with Bluetooth.

1 Like

Hardware on Sale thread:

1 Like

Sold out.
Good thing.
Would have been seriously tempted.

3 Likes

I almost pressed the button as well. But don’t need them. But it was very tempting indeed.

1 Like

If you own 2, you’ll get an Egg for free :grin:

he says that the room treatment and placement are somewhat more important with these than conventional monitors, have any of you guys changed the way you placed yours?

great insight from the Egg man himself

2 Likes

I think @Fin25 has those monitors.

yeah he does, one of the things I found very interesting is that Munro said that these monitors sound the same from the back only quieter.

1 Like

3 Likes

:rofl: I don’t think that’s what Mr. Munro was referring to

They’ve got recessed LEDs on the front that you can only see at their brightest when you’re sat in the sweetspot, so setting them up is a piece of piss.

I don’t really understand all the physics behing it, but it’s noticeable to me how much less variation there is around the room. My room isn’t treated and my old KRKs had deadspots all over the room and little bass pockets here and there but with the Eggs I’ve noticed less of this. There’s still a very obvious sweet spot and I’m not saying that these are some sort of magic speakers, but with the KRKs I could move my head 6 inches and things would disappear, but that’s much less if an issue with the eggs. I guess it’s the fact that there’s no standing waves causing cancellation issues, but like I said, I’m no expert.

4 Likes

Other kind of pleasure…

I think they are pretty forgiving having a large sweet spot.

2 Likes