MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Well, thanks for sharing.

You seem to have a eye for detail, and won’t miss a single flaw.

Apparently Live 2 Retro is a limited edition. Not that worried though. If they sell out before I decide to buy, I’ll just get the 2000XL style faceplace from MPC Stuff or whatever other parts store yall recommend.

Yes it is a curse… I have always been very aware of details almost to the point of maddening… It helps in my job as a chef and in music but it’s not good with stuff because I obsess about it… But it is a nice box i really like it… I do find it is not that fun though… I just got it two weeks ago bit I think it will do good if i make solid 8 bar or more ideas on other stuff then just import them into it somehow, either midi or audio… Then mess with them in the box… At least that is my plan at this point… It is amazing and really cool and how I remember the mpc being… but a lot of these new boxes are so fun now!!! It doesn’t have that immediacy of other stuff i guess because it’s based on older mpc’s really… My digitone keys and opz are much more fun!! It gets stuff done though.
Btw, the mpc one retro is not a limited thing so you can always get that, and the live 2 retro is only limited because only zsounds can sell it… So really not THAT limited… I wouldn’t worry you have time I think.

2 Likes

MPC One sounds like a pretty good deal for the money.

OTOH, I like the Wifi and Bluetooth on the Live 2, as well as the greater storage and slightly larger pads

the looper is quite fun to play programs into, chop up and explode afterward

Appreciate the comment a lot mate nice one

This is now by user request the topic for MPC One along with Live and X

Topic retitled, opening post has link to the now retired thread

15 Likes

Lovely stuff :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for merging the threads!

However, the title should be “MPC Thread: MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One - Rubberized Paint” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

O no, don’t start again…:wink:

Does anyone know if the One is now seen on an M1 silicon Mac with the new updates, enabling it to use the MPC software ? (Last time I tried the software ran ok, but the MPC was not seen)

Does anyone know what the resolution and update rates are for the CV outputs of the current MPC machines?

Curious to know if they could support LFOs, envelopes etc

Has anyone tried exporting WAV files from Bitwig Studio 4 to their MPC?
The only way I can get it to work is to use FLAC.

Upgraded the pads and jog wheel today. The photo doesn’t really capture the lights very well. They don’t have those hot spots in person. I’m really impressed with the feel of these pads compared to the stock ones.

10 Likes

Are these the fat ones from MPC stuff?

Yeah

1 Like

Thanks man! I might have to pull the trigger on these sooner than later!

1 Like

They are almost twice as thick and the finish feels a lot more satin-y if that makes sense. I’m curious to see how they compare in terms of attracting dust…

1 Like

Shame the shipping to the UK is so damned expensive, I like the idea of them cos I had them in an older maschine and they were decent but it’ll run me about 90 quid to get a set…

Yeah, I had to pay a lot to ship to Toronto. Luckily I didn’t have to pay duty.

VERY nice!
I’d like to put the fatties on my Live some day.
Looks like a bit of a chore tho.

always amazes me how the LEDs are so prominent in a photo. Nothing like in person. There must be a camera setting that can accomodate