MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 2)

yeah it’s a nice update, I agree with him though about wishing they had included more in the setlist audition feature… it would have been sweet if we could audition everthing before having to load them up, hopefully it was just an oversight and will come in another update… it’s the little things like this that really make a difference and make the platform so great in other areas

1 Like

When is this available?

23rd of this month

1 Like

Thanks @captain8

Funny they are dropping videos before the release date. Not a bad thing, refreshing really!

1 Like

makes me feel like they’ve got some confidence at their backs… that’s a good sign, hopefully it’s a long lasting wind

2 Likes
  1. Try that thread for ideas.
  2. Play to a metronome at slow BPMS starting at 70 so you have control. Go up incrementally at 1bpm. Go .50bpm if you have to. The hardest part of drumming is keeping control at a slow BPM.
  3. Listen back to your play through so and hear when you are dragging or rushing. You need to get rid of those unintended drumming habits at slower BPMs or else your live playing and recording will suffer.
  4. Once you get metronome control down play to a solo guitar riff and listen to your recording against it.

Repeat steps 2-4 as many times a week possible. You’ll get so good that you wont need to shell out extra cash for finger drumming classes.

4 Likes

Metronome don’t lie! All good points here!

1 Like

Would be nice to have but i think it would be hard because audition works for individual wave files etc. In a project, you have too many parts sequennces, samples etc…which part would they pick for auditioning?

that’s a good question

To use arp on a drum program, simply add a MIDI track and select the drum track in the “send to” field.

5 Likes

The kind people at www.zamplersounds.com are donating their entire library of MPC Expansions today :pray:

9 Likes

If you want a good time, watch that official Akai overview video with a bottle of scotch and take a belt every time he says ‘now’.

All looks good, though, looking forward to checknig it out and then waiting for it to all appear on the Force. I agree that the lack of streaming is now looking pretty odd on the MPC - a lot of focus here on immediate / fast access to sounds and sets, but on a device that supports samples up to 20m long, reading everything into memory remains a bottleneck.

I can only imagine that they need to make sure it works well enough on the One, where an SSD isn’t an option.

3 Likes

Just ordered the X, so looking forward to trying that out. Thank you!

3 Likes

It’s been interesting watching the 2.11 videos… I now really want to get my hands on it for a few reasons, Probability being the biggest draw right now.

It got me thinking, this approach to pre-announcing an update is quite different to the usual ‘drop it out of the blue’ method, and I think it’s quite smart. It lets them (Akai) build up the anticipation of existing users, maybe iron out some things, and pick up some new sales through it being publicly discussed for longer.
Is it June 23rd yet?

1 Like

Does it work on One/Live/X also ? First time i hear about this (super) trick.

Try it like this.

5 Likes

Something I’ve learned watching the 2.11 videos is that it must be a technical impossibility to record or play back a guitar sample on the MPC, at least when it comes to the amp plugin.

3 Likes

:joy: well it’s something I’m looking forward to, I’ve been wanting to use the guitar with the MPC for some time and this might just be the push!

The tuner is a great new feature too.

I’ve been recording guitars a lot with my MPC and it works great. I usually use my Gt-1K core modeller and record straight in. One thing I’ve wanted to try for a while though is to re-amp; record the dry signal and then send it back out to the modeler and record the wet signal in a second track.

Otherwise I agree it’s a bit weird that there has been no demo of how the amp sim sound like with a guitar sound. I hope it’s somewhat good as it would make it quite easy to get setup for a quick recording session and try out a few different guitar sounds

1 Like

I expected the tuner to be an effect but come to think of it how would you tune a sample and see the tuner without jumping forwards and backwards. I have my doubts they will be implementing that now which is a shame. Cool for guitar though to have it built in