MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Agreed on Ian pooley, I play his productions as a DJ since Twin Gods in 1994 :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well now,thatā€™s very interesting!
Now waiting for reviewsā€¦

I just noticed something that looked a bit concerning to me regarding the X, the screen looks a bit shaky. Doesnā€™t appear to stay firmly in place. Iā€™m no expert at it, but it makes me a little bit timid to see it moving while heā€™s playing it.

It could also be that the stand is not very stable

1 Like

Thatā€™s probably true, butā€¦

#I donā€™t trust itā€¦

Looks more like a stand issue to me but there will inevitably be some sort of wiggle on a screen when itā€™s that large and hinged the way it is (IMO). The X is overkill for me I think but if I were to get hold of one Iā€™d probably look to play it extra safe and use something to prop it up (if there isnā€™t a kick stand sort of thing in place already).

1 Like

Iā€™m just surprised on a 2k+ piece of music gear that it wasnā€™t designed to have a more sturdy holdā€¦

Yeah Stand and actually the Reflection make things worst :wink: ā€¦ itā€™s very well attach behind. I donā€™t think it will be a problem on a stable desk

3 Likes

And how itā€™s done you can perfectly make things better with DIYā€¦

Dimensions (width x depth x height)
19.9ā€ x 16.7ā€ x 3.4ā€ / 50.5 x 42.4 x 8.7 cm (display flat)
19.9ā€ x 15.3ā€ x 8.4ā€ / 50.5 x 38.8 x 21.4 cm (display upright)

But what a beast in term of size :stuck_out_tongue:

Weight
12.57 lbs. / 5.66 kg

5kg - thatā€™s nothing compared to my 4000 lol

2 Likes

I want it

Edit: the X. The 4000 might be cool, but the X

If it turns out you CAN, in fact, plug in an interface-say a zoom H6- and record multiple channels at once, I might have to risk poverty to buy this thing. That would take care of most of my music production needs <8

Is the lfoā€™s thing public knowledge? Sounds super.

From what I read its there but very limited destinations. Better than nothing I guess tho and hopefully they can expand dests easy enough in an update some pointā€¦

2 Likes

Yes vis a vis LFOs Its all in the mpc 1.9 manual, they have also said that they intend to increase the destinations as time goes on.

One thing to note is that while the MPC live software does not have elektron style p-locks. It does have the ability to record automation of pretty much any parameter as part of a sequence much like NI maschine has. Which has basically the same effect as a p-lock.

4 Likes

Better and better. Should have thought to check for a manualā€¦ :slight_smile:

now that I come to think of it, I think I had more fun automating with knobs on my olā€™ electribes than P-lockingā€¦ although knobs are always more fun than encoders for that use
do you know if you can edit those automations later? the same way weā€™ve seen that you can edit velocity on the screen

1 Like

Yeah p-locks arenā€™t the be all and end all, a lot of mileage in standard automation too, always get interesting stuff going on Volca Keys like this.

3 Likes

Yep, you can overwrite automation data with the q-links or edit the parameters in the sequence via the touchscreen or computer mouse if its linked vai USB.

2 Likes

MPC wizards, can you achieve some sort of granular synthesis on the MPC touchā€¦potentially MPC Live? :pray: